Friday, March 1, 2013

Massage Day

It's finally here! The day I get my massage. I've been looking for a good massage therapist in my area forever. Someone who can really push hard on my upper back and get my legs loosened up too. I found a great one last year after a race in Carmel but he was in Carmel. I don't want to drive an hour each way for a good massage. Surely there's someone closer! I've been using Groupons to try out some new ones, but so far I haven't had much luck. I think I found one today... in a round about way.

So the therapist that sold the Groupon rescheduled me for today. Then she called last night and said someone else would be doing my massage. Naturally, I was a bit annoyed and decided she really was a flake. Well, the woman who did my massage today was WONDERFUL! She knew exactly how to do a sports massage and she knew just how much to talk to you during your massage so it wasn't weird. She said the original therapist just got too overwhelmed with her Groupon offering and asked her for help. She is an independent therapist who was just helping out. Well, this woman just got herself a new client. I went ahead and scheduled another massage for next month with her.

Today is a rest day for me. I did cross-training on the bike yesterday. I was still tired yesterday.
First 30 minutes: 8.6 miles, 85 rpm
15 minute stretch/core exercises
Second 30 minutes: 8.69 miles, 87 rpm

I'm still debating the 5K tomorrow. I don't mind the temperature so much but I don't want to get wet!

Now let me share with you my
                                   DEAL OF THE DAY


Target has a coupon for $1.50 off 2 15-oz or larger Market Pantry pasta sauces. The coupon link is at the bottom of their web page. You can print the coupon twice per computer, but you can only use them one per transaction. The Market Pantry 24oz pasta sauces are on sale for $1 until 3/9/13. So, buy 2, use your coupon, and it's $0.50. If you use your own bag, you get another $0.05 off (hey, every penny counts in my book!).



I ended up with 4 jars for $0.90. I know, it's generic pasta sauce, but I use it as a base for alot of my cooking and you can add your own spices to suit you.

I did some more grocery shopping, mainly for pantry staples and snacks for the kids. I am an active member at Hot Coupon World where I hang out with my coupon buddies. If you want to learn more, come check us out. The banner is at the bottom of this page. I have been participating in the stockpile challenge the last couple months to keep my budget in check. Here's a photo of all the stuff I got today, all for $18.74.


So what's everyone doing this weekend? I'm going to be cooking, baking, and maybe run a 5K.

1 comment:

  1. I am pretty good about coupons but I really appreciate the "push" you are giving me to do more and be more attentive to deals. Also can you send me the massage lady's name? I also have been looking for one around here for a long time. My sport masseuse in Florida was awesome! This weekend is crosstraining at the gym, cleaning out Goodwill stuff, cooking and some baking :)

    ReplyDelete