Monday, March 18, 2013

Back to the Track

So last week was just awash when it came to training. All I managed was the 5 miles I got in on Monday morning. I think I'm caught up on things now and decided to start the week with my long run.

It's still gray and cold and raining out. All I want to do is hibernate. Plan was to go to my dentist appointment this morning and then to the fitness center to run. Well, the dentist numbed my mouth for a procedure and afterwards I was so numb I couldn't even figure out how to swallow! I was drooling. I couldn't talk. I was numb on the left side of my face from my neck to just below my eye. Even my left nostil was numb! I had to go home first until I stopped drooling.

I finally got brave enough to venture out in public and went to the track. I got 10 miles in at a nice easy pace. My legs aren't hurting today and I'm not making any noise when my feet hit the track so whatever was bothering my left leg last week must have fixed itself. My only problem today was that I got incredibly bored after about 5 miles. I can't wait until it gets nice enough to run outdoors!

So, switching gears now, here are my
                           FREEBIES FOR THE WEEK so far...

WALGREENS - free 8 X 10 photo collage; enter code COLLAGE4FREE at checkout.
                              I'm planning to make a collage of my daughter's dance team photos.
                              Offer good until 3/20/13.

The DaVinci Code (book) is free until 3/24/13 in all ebook formats. I downloaded mine from Amazon for my Kindle. I never read it when it came out so I'm planning to read it over Spring Break.

I can't wait until Spring Break! I need some sunshine!

2 comments:

  1. You and me both! I am so sick and tired of this weather it is making me crazy. I have been running inside (as you know) at the gym but I am gearing up for Florida and running with my sister in law (who just ran the Disney) I cannot wait. I even bought a few tank tops so I can "tan" while I run :) Did you run with music/ipod? I find it helps when I run inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't run with music. I can barely stand to wear a watch when I run because I don't like things attached to me when I exercise. I have also mainly run on the road my whole life and was taught to not wear anything that obstructs your hearing or vision so I've never run with music and don't own an ipod or other music player.

      Delete