Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Positive Thoughts

I am trying to think positively today but there is alot going on...

I think I might be getting sick. My head is all stuffy and I'm sneezing. Yesterday was a total bust. I got home from work at 3:30 am and slept a couple hours. The kids had a snow day so sleeping in didn't last very long. I had a 15 mile run planned. I finally got to the fitness center and ran a mile before I decided I couldn't breathe, I was breaking out in a cold sweat, and I was a little dizzy. I stopped and felt pretty defeated. I slept about 12 hours last night and tried it again today. I got all 15 done but was pretty tired the last 2 miles. I certainly didn't push the pace any so I'm wondering if actually running 15 today is helping me out in the long run.

I got news today that my sister-in-law will have surgery tomorrow. It's a long story but, to summarize, her knee hurt... she went back and forth to the hospital 3 times and kept being told it was arthritis... she got to where she could no longer walk... her family took her to another hospital 3 hours away (St. Vincent's) and she arrived there with a blood pressure of 60 (very low). Her knee was infected and the infection had spread into her blood. Then she couldn't move her arms and neck and they found several abscesses on her spine (epidural abscesses). She has a heart condition and her heart acted up too. She got a little better with strong IV antibiotics but then they found more abscesses in her abdomen. Today, the neurosurgeons found that the abscess on the top of her spine is causing too much pressure on her spinal cord so they will do surgery tomorrow. She is in so much pain that she is really drugged up so she is hallucinating. Overall, it's not been a good couple weeks. I may end up being at the hospital tomorrow.

Saturday, we are leaving for Spring Break. My husband is having a panic attack saying I haven't planned it out enough. Well, we have passports, plane tickets, a place to stay, and a rental car. What more do you want?!

Looks like I'll be checking out things to do in Costa Rica tonight and praying my sister-in-law doesn't get any worse. I still need new running shoes so I might try to squeeze that in tonight too.

Please pray for my sister-in-law and send some positive thoughts our way!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness HaeWon I am so sorry you are going through all this. I will definitely pray for your sister in law and your whole family for a healthy recovery. Costa Rica!!!! so cool! We are heading to Florida and that's fine I just need SUNSHINE...you know my hatred of winter and this current weather is making me very cranky! Remember to BREATHE and cut yourself a break!

    ReplyDelete