Monday, March 11, 2013

Super Easy Country Bread

Today marks the beginning of a very busy week for me. It's Spring Break in Bloomington, IN so half my group is on vacation. I don't live in Bloomington and my kids aren't on Spring Break for another two weeks so I'm working most of the week. Day shift. So it's back to getting up at the crack of dawn.

I was actually ueber productive this morning. Scary productive for me! I had to be at work by 9 am, meaning I had to leave by 8 am. I have to be at work at 6:30 am the next two days, meaning I have to be up at 4:30 am. I decided I might as well TRY to have a somewhat regular sleep schedule this week and got up at 4:30 today (unbelieveable, right?) I was at the fitness center at 5 am when they opened. The fitness center is a happenin' place at 5 am! I ran 5 miles. No watch today, I just made a good effort. My left lower leg still feels like it's going to fall off when I run. Got done and was home a little after 6 am. Showered, dressed for work, did a load of laundry, and decided I wanted some homemade bread tonight.

So here's the easiest Country Bread recipe in the world. Courtesy of my friend Isabelle. I got it from her blog here. I've made alot of bread and it doesn't get any easier than this!

INGREDIENTS:
3 cups bread flour
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon yeast
1 1/2 cups warm water

Put all your dry ingredients in a bowl.



Add water and stir.

                                                                        7 am

Cover and let it sit for 12 hours. I let it sit all day while I was at work. You can put your ingredients together at night and let it sit overnight.

Dough will get bubbly.

                                                                      7 pm

Dump your bubbly dough onto a well floured surface and shape into a ball.



Put an ovenproof dish with cover in the oven and preheat to 450 degrees for 30 minutes.

Slide the dough into your dish (I think this is the hardest part).


Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for 10-15 minutes more.



Voila! You're done. Fresh crusty country bread.



OK, excuse now while I go crash!

What's your week look like?

1 comment:

  1. Oh I need to make this tomorrow! I love this bread! :) I have a super busy week as well! Spending lots of time with the teenagers subbing! ;)

    ReplyDelete