Friday, March 8, 2013

Some Days Are Better Than Others

Some days are better than others. Yesterday was a good day. Today, not so much. I think I'm just overly tired. I'm tired of it being cold too! It's nice and sunny but COLD!. I was planning to do my tempo run outside today but just couldn't do it. I have to go to work tonight so I couldn't wait for it to warm up this afternoon. So, I went to the fitness center and went around and around and around and around the track. ... And around and around and around... My legs felt like wood and I started getting a shin splint in my left leg. This never happens to me. Maybe I need new shoes. Anyway, my feet just kept slapping down on the track and my legs didn't want to move.

5 miles. 48:02. That's as fast as this body would go today. Afterwards, I didn't think I had the energy to drive home and just wanted to lie down on the carpet and take a nap.

I think I'm done for the week. I have to work that horrid 5pm - 2 am shift both tonight and tomorrow night and I have stuff to do at my daughter's dance studio in the afternoon before I go to work tomorrow so I don't think I can squeeze in a bike workout. Plus, I'm just TIRED!

Week 3. 22 miles.

Somebody give me some energy!

1 comment:

  1. I am so completely with you. Some days a 6 or more-mile run seems like nothing then other days I can feel EVERY SINGLE STEP I take....excruciating. Don't worry you will feel better come Monday morning. Get this weekend taken care of and it will be over before you know it :) I am sending as many positive vibes as I can!

    ReplyDelete