Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Intervals - Week 3

                                          So much for running my intervals outside today!

I'm still sore from my long run 2 days ago so I was nervous about the 800 repeats I had to do today. I was going to cross-train yesterday but took a rest day instead and moved my cross-training to the end of the week (Saturday). I had six 800m intervals to do with 90 seconds of rest in between each one. This is how it went:

1. 4:14
2. 4:19
3. 4:13
4. 4:12
5. 4:13
6. 4:07

With intervals, the goal is run each one at almost the same time. I thought I would go for a 4:20 pace so I slowed down on the second one but then just ran what I thought was an OK pace for me on the third, and when I found it was closer to the first interval, I just went with the faster pace. I ran my last interval faster on purpose just to prove to myself that I was not running at my max for these and that I had some more gears left if I had to step it up. One mile warm up, one mile warm down, so 5 miles total. I still don't like doing these but, overall, I was pleased with my workout today.

So now, switching gears completely, here's my
                                           DEAL OF THE DAY

                                                           Sun-Bird seasoning packets

These are $0.84 each at both Meijer and Kroger. There is a printable coupon at coupons.com for $0.80 off any one Sun-Bird product. That makes them $0.04 each.

We are having chicken lettuce wraps for dinner tonight using the recipe off the back of the lettuce wrap seasoning packet.

So what are you having for dinner tonight?
Found any good deals lately?

2 comments:

  1. So, you & I decided we want Isabelle to bring us dinners every night. Now, I've decided I want YOU to do my shopping. Since I have no marketable skills, I'm fairly confident you won't want anything in return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm....every night!? mmmm OK??? :) I definitely need to check out my coupons more before I go shopping. I really thought you were going to try running outside even with all the snow! I did 6.5 on the dreadmill in the nice cozy WARM gym! Then I killed it with my leg workout...oh yea...dinner...Subway...we went to the College Fair Downtown so I didn't have to cook! Tonight will be Tavern Steaks YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete