Friday, March 7, 2014

It's Like Chocolate...

Running is like a lot of things. Awhile back, I said that running was a lot like childbirth. Today I decided running is also a lot like chocolate...

I love chocolate. There are days I think I could eat it everyday. But I know better. I have overindulged - popped some in my mouth before breakfast or had a sit down all out binge - and then dealt with the after sugar crash... where the thought of EVER putting another piece of chocolate in my mouth just made me sick.

Well today, the thought of having to RUN another step was unbearable...

It was the perfect day. I had the day off. The SUN was out. It was WARM. It felt like SPRING was finally here. I started out by oversleeping. I either never turned my alarm on last night or I turned it off when it went off and went back to sleep. Anyhow, I rolled over to see 5:08 on my clock and missed kettlebell class.

Got the kids off to school and had a 6 miler on my schedule. A little bitty easy 6 miler. Somehow it's the shorter easy runs that I just want to blow off. The harder runs I psych myself up for to get it done. It's the easy ones I really have difficulty doing. There were a zillion other things I wanted to do today - nap on the couch, chase some grocery store deals, finish crocheting a sweater for my new baby niece who will be 2 weeks old today, cook and bake...Anything but go for a run. I'm sick of it. Why do I have to do it so regularly to get better? I have 6 more weeks til Derby. I don't think I can do this for 6 more weeks! I think I am suffering from too much running.

So I did other things. I went and chased some grocery deals at Meijer.

Everything in the photo but the cat for $40.43
Stella totally photo bombed me! It was so funny I left it.

I finished the sweater for my niece...

Yes, that's still my holiday tablecloth...
 

Finally guilt and sunshine coaxed me out. There is a 3 mile stretch of county road that runs past my house. Tag the north end, then the south end and I'll be done.


The photo doesn't do it justice. It was actually a beautiful day. Sunny. Dry pavement. Farm fields waiting to be plowed. It actually wasn't all that bad. So I got it done. I hope I am more enthused tomorrow.

I am rewarding myself by cooking and baking. On the agenda are baked sweet potato chips, chocolate peanut butter globs, kale salad, and minestrone. Pre-cooking a bunch of stuff for next week.

Hoping I am more enthusiastic tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Stella! That crazy-ass cat. Knowing her, she totally pb'd you on purpose.

    Oh kale...I knew I liked homemade kale chips. Olive oil, salt, pepper-what's not to love. But I was convinced it shouldn't be eaten raw. Remember, my palette is somewhere around a 9th grade level. So I was leary about the kale salad in the Marsh deli. It looked really good. I must've been feeling adventurous because I bought a whole 1/4 lb...and liked it!! I'm sure it's probably very healthy, another reason it's not been on my grocery list very often. Healthy = Tasteless. Lesson learned. Maybe I'll be more food adventurous in the future. Maybe. I should probably let my body recover from that 1/4 lb of goodness first.

    That sweater is SO cute! I'm surprised Stella didn't claim it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited about this warmer weather! Glad you were able to enjoy this day! I so wish I knew how to knit alas I will just stick with sewing! Sweater is so perfectly adorable...and so is the cat! ;)
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete