Monday, March 31, 2014

This Week's Project

Once again, my house is looking like something out of an episode of Hoarders.


Everything that used to be in G's bedroom is now in the living room. My Spring Break project is redecorating her bedroom. I last redecorated that room 7 years ago when both G and J lived in that room. Since then, her big sis has moved to a room of her own and G wants different paint, carpet
 and décor. Sigh...

So far, I've pulled almost everything out of the room. It's simply amazing how much crap you can find under a dresser and a bed! We are now down to this...




Actually, that second bedframe is now broken down and the closet is empty. I need to wash down the walls and rip out the carpet. After that, I'll paint the room. I did have enough sense to actually pay someone to install the new carpet. The carpet is ordered and I am hoping it will come in this week so I can schedule installation for the end of this week or early next week.

G also wanted this bedspread for her bed.


It costs $1630!!! Like for JUST the bedspread - not all the other pillows, sheets, etc in the photo. Luckily (for me) it only comes in King and Queen sizes, not twin. Sorry G, can't order it. I did, however, figure out how to make a "replica" bedspread from lace and fabric from JoAnn so that's on the burner for this week too.

What are you doing over Spring Break?

What's your next project?

3 comments:

  1. Right in the middle of re-doing my living room. I understand your Hoarders reference! In a perfect world, the order should go: paint, carpet, furniture. But you know my luck...it's now furniture, paint, carpet. Whatever...at least it's getting done (I'm 1/2 way through the paint phase).

    On a different subject...I need you to teach me how to use my sewing machine! Must do curtain alterations.

    Just watched a show (Junk Gypsies) where they put an old screen door to a woman's craft room. I must have one too!!!

    I'll invite you over when it's all finished. What are you doing in 6 months? LOL!!

    ReplyDelete