Saturday, January 4, 2014

Week 3 Wrap Up + I Got My Nibblebox!

So Week 3 of Derby Training was OK. Not spectacular, but I made it through the New Year's holiday without missing any runs. Didn't get any cross-training done though and I totally bombed my pace run yesterday.

I suppose it's better to crap out on a run now and learn from it now than later on in the program. Over the summer I learned my lesson about eating correctly before a run (in case you missed it, gory details HERE). Yesterday, I learned that sleep matters too...

So here's how the week went...

Sunday - rest (worked til 1:15 am Monday morning)
Monday - 3 miles (ran in the morning, went back to work until midnight)
Tuesday - 6 miles (it's New Year's Eve, stayed up til 3 am)
Wednesday - 3 miles (got up late, stayed up til midnight)
Thursday - rest (got up at 4:30 am to work, then stayed up til 3:30 am because I've been staying
                          up late all week)
Friday - 6 miles, suppose to run marathon pace. I did 8:35, 8:45, 8:55, then just died on the track and 
                            had to stop before jogging the last 3 miles.
Saturday - 8 miles

Week 3 Total: 26 miles

The way my training program works is that you build mileage for 2 weeks then have a "easy" week every third week. This was suppose to be my "easy" week since my long run was only 8 miles.

I felt horrid after my run yesterday. I did realize later though that I had stayed up for 23 hours the day before because of my night owl tendencies. I went to bed at 10 pm last night and felt well rested this morning.

SO... note to self - get enough sleep!!!

The only thing that made me feel better after my failed pace run was that...

MY NIBBLEBOX ARRIVED!!
 
So a couple weeks ago, on one of my late night internet sessions, I was checking my email and found an offer from graze.com. Graze is a company that will send you a box of four healthy portioned snacks (the nibblebox) every 2-4 weeks (you choose) for $6. The offer I got was for the first box free. No commitment. You can cancel the subscription any time. One of my goals this year is to try and snack healthier. Graze has a plethora (like 91) of healthy snacks. Once you sign up, you can rate the snacks so if there is something you absolutely don't want to try, you can put it in the "trash" and they won't send it. Otherwise, they will pick 4 things for you every time they send a box. Foodie that I am, I wanted to try them all! Plus, I'm thinking, "Six bucks!" How many times have I blown six bucks on stupid stuff? Sounds like a deal to me. So I signed up and awaited my box.
 
 
So this is what my snacks look like out of the box. I put a Larabar and a Clif Bar next to them so you could see the portion size. They sent me...
 
Trail Mix: hazelnuts, peanuts, cranberries and jumbo raisins
Pomodoro Rustichella: cheese croutons, tomato baugettes, and tomato and herb almonds
Raspberry & Coconut Muffin: raspberries, cranberries, amaretti drops and almond slices
Summer Berry Flapjack: rustic rolled oat flapjack with berry infused cranberries
 
Their website lists the calorie count for each of their snacks. I can't wait to try them! They are going to be my post-run snacks next week.
 
Graze also provided me with some "friend codes" to share. You need an invitation or friend code to sign up. If anyone is interested, they are: HAEWON39B, HAEWON39E, HAEWON39P.
 
Supposedly, each "friend code" is limited to 4 uses but they keep sending me codes so I suspect they might be unlimited. If you sign up with a code, you will get your first and fifth box free (kinda makes me feel like they jipped me out of a box!) and they will give me a $1 off my next box.
 
Now, off to hide my snacks from the kiddos!
 
Has anyone else tried a subscription snack service?



No comments:

Post a Comment