Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Spinning My Wheels

Ever spend the whole day eating just because food tastes good? You're not hungry. In fact, you might actually be a little full, but, oh it tastes good. All those guilty say "Aye." AYE.

That pretty much sums up my day today. I felt like I was spinning my wheels getting nowhere. Walking (never mind running) around like a chicken with my head cut off.

Today was my day off. I decided last night to indulge in some Pinterest pins. I went grocery shopping for ingredients while G was at dance and found what I needed plus more.


Olive bruschetta. OMG. It was wonderful. I ate half the jar last night and the rest for lunch today. Wonderful on toasted Italian bread.

First on my "to make" list was Spicy Black Bean and Lime Quinoa Salad. It was pinned so I had to open Pinterest to get to it. Oh no! Shield your eyes! I couldn't get past that opening page that shows you the gazillion other things that you might like and ended up HERE looking at Winter Bliss Bowls...


Winter Bliss Bowl
 
... and ended up making my own falafel.
 
Falafel, recipe HERE

So, last night I had to make and sample my newly baked falafel and half the jar of olive bruschetta at, oh, midnight-ish. Made the Spicy Black Bean and Lime Quinoa Salad too.

This morning I went back to bed as soon as I saw J's taillights disappear down the driveway on the way to school... and woke up at 10 am. Crap. Well, at least I was well rested.

I started in on making the Lemon Pepper Chicken as it has to bake in the crockpot for 4 hours. Next up was the pie crust for the Earl Grey Pie. Dabbled some more online while stuff baked... Ate lunch...
Made the filling for the pie.

Kids came home and I fixed a piece of chicken for G to eat before dance, promising that the pie would be done when she got home. She'd finish eating everything else when she got home. She's my foodie child. No one else was hungry at 3:30 pm so cooking was put on hold.

Dabbled in cleaning my office some more. It's still a work in progress but I can see the floor and my desktop now. Went to the fitness center and got 7 miles in. Finally, at 7 pm I decided it was time to eat.

Lemon Pepper Chicken recipe HERE.
Spicy Black Bean and Lime Quinoa Salad HERE.
 

Earl Grey Pie recipe HERE.

Now I'm stuffed to the gills and watching the Hoosiers play some basketball.
So there you have it. I made dinner and ate really well all day. Not much else.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment