Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

I'm trying to stay more present this year. DOING rather than trying to perfect. I've spent the day cooking and crocheting.

I got my first custom order through my Etsy store on December 29th and I am thrilled. I had planned on working on finishing some personal projects on my days off but made a baby cardigan instead and loved doing it.

I'm working the next 3 days but the rest of my family will be home. The kids pointed out yesterday that we had no food at home. So, today was spent cooking for the next couple days. I made a blueberry pie, followed by chipotle beef that I served over roasted butternut squash for dinner. Also cooked chicken breasts for chicken enchiladas, thawed out a chuck roast for a crockpot meal tomorrow, made a batch of crab cakes for lunch tomorrow, and cut up a whole honeydew and cantaloupe for fruit salad. Hopefully that will tie the family over for a couple days!

No running today. I decided I'd rather cook and crochet because that's what I wanted to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment