Saturday, January 30, 2016

B2B Training Week 7 of 18

This was my drop down week and that is exactly what I did. Rested my legs and added in a wee bit of speed and PT exercises.

Sunday (1/24) - Zero miles. Spent most of the day with G downtown as she had an audition for the School of American Ballet's summer course. I want my kids to dream big too. The School of American Ballet is the feeder school to the New York City Ballet. They take 200 kids worldwide between the ages of 12 and 18 for their summer course by holding auditions in cities throughout the US. Even if she doesn't get in, I'm happy she is thinking large enough to try out.

Monday (1/25) - 3 miles. I hit the hamster track as soon as the kids left for school since I had a dentist appointment at 11 am and a pretty full day planned over all. I felt sluggish and heavy the minute I hit the track and it didn't get any better so I called it a day at 3. I figure this is what a drop down week is for!

Tuesday (1/26) - 7 miles. Did it on the treadmill at the Y while G was at dance and it actually felt pretty good.

Wednesday (1/27) - Zero miles. I thought about getting a run in before work but then decided I had too much other stuff to do and I didn't want to feel rushed so no run today. Worked on decluttering the house some more.

Thursday (1/28) - 5 miles. More treadmill work. I finally figured out how to program the stupid treadmill so I warmed up with a 9:31 mile, did 3 miles at 8:57 pace, was going to do another 9:31 cool down mile but got bored so I ended up increasing the pace again. Then, I got all ambitious and actually did my PT exercises.

NOTE TO SELF: 6.7 mph equals 8:57 pace. 7.0 mph equals 8:34 pace.

Friday (1/29) - 5 miles. More treadmill work. Thursday's run was not a problem so I decided to do all 5 at 8:57 pace and it was just fine. Heart rate after I was done was 165. I spent a moment marveling at how easy it felt. I remember the first time I held a 9 minute pace for 5 miles on a treadmill. It was at LA Fitness less than 3 years ago. I was just hanging on and hanging on until it was over and then I felt like I had conquered the world! Today felt like a piece of cake in comparison. Did my PT exercises again when I was done.

Saturday (1/30) - 5 miles. I thought I was going to the Y again as I thought I had to drive G to dance. We were about to leave the house when the girl I hired to drive her pulled up in out driveway. I didn't have her on the schedule for today but it was SO worth it to pay her and have the morning to myself. It was a beautiful sunny day but I was already dressed to run indoors so I drove myself to the fitness center instead and hit the hamster track for some easy miles.

Week 7 - 25 miles

I'm starting to feel a little tug in my left hamstring again but I also have the itch to increase my speed a little bit too. It's been a long time since I actually felt like running faster so it's a welcome feeling. Just hoping my body will cooperate with my brain!

No comments:

Post a Comment