Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Praying for Good Weather

It's race week! It's sunny and beautiful outside. I've been wanting sun for months! What's wrong wrong with me? I'm hoping for a shady overcast day with temperatures in the low 50's on Saturday morning. A light drizzle would be fine too.

I think I'm still scarred from my race last year where I had an epic over-heated melt down after 7 miles. I was SO ready to run last year. It had been down right cold almost all Spring. Then, two days TWO DAYS before the race, it turned 70. No time to acclimate AT ALL!

So by now I've gone over last year's race like a 100 times in my head but you'll have to bear with me one more time...

Miles 1-4, feeling great, in fact effortless...

Mile 1 - 8:36
Mile 2 - 8:41
Mile 3 - 8:44
Mile 4 - 8:40

Mile 5 - 9:08, I got a little stitch in my side which NEVER happens
Mile 6 - 9:12, I realize I'm not sweating anymore
Mile 7 - 9:24, I have black spots all over my visual field and I really can't see anymore

I saw my Mile 7 time and also saw two people collapse in front of me so I decided to throw in the towel and started walking until I could see again. I was totally disgusted. I wanted to run 1:55 last year and ended up running 2:05:52.

All I want to do this year is get under 2:00 again. Temperatures went up into the 70's today. I waited until noon (so it was good and hot) and did 5 easy miles. It's suppose to be in the 80's tomorrow but I am working during the day the next two days. I am going to try and get outside as much as possible in the mornings and get used to getting hot. It's suppose to drop back down to 50 degrees on Saturday morning but that sounds too good to be true.

I'm going to be a fidgety fussbucket all week ruminating about my race so bear with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment