Thursday, April 18, 2013

Where Did My Week Go?


I can't believe it's Thursday night already.

I spent Monday morning watching the live videocast of the Boston Marathon. I watched the winners and their interviews and continued watching until about 3:30 into the race. I then went and got my own long run in. 12 miles. No watch but I pushed the pace so I was out of my confort zone. Did my warm down and took a shower, then went back online and found that all hell had broken loose...

I can't even remember what I did on Tuesday.

Yesterday, I got a 5 mile tempo run in early and then went to see my new chiropractor. Actually, it's someone I met at a road race last year. He was giving free massages in the massage tent and did a great job on my left hamstring. This leg has been giving me problems since I pulled something in 2011. Now it just hurts me all the time and I finally decided to do something about it. I wanted to find someone that did Active Release Therapy (ART). The only people I could find that did this were chiropractors and I figured if I was going to go see a chiropractor, I might as well see someone who's worked on my leg before. This guy doesn't do ART but does some myofascial release techniques which is close enough for me. He also runs and does triathlons. Anyway, I got my leg mashed on for an hour and it really does feel better today.

Does yardwork count as cross-training? I didn't get any running in today but did a boatload of yardwork. So much stuff to do! So much stuff to plant! It's been so wet and rainy it's the perfect weather for me to dig up my yard and move things around. I divided my coneflowers and moved 8 of them to the front of my house. I'll have to get some pictures up soon. I can't wait to get some vegetables going but I'm not going to have my raised garden bed done until next weekend. My brain is spinning because every time I go to Home Depot or see something online, I want to add that to the list of things to do. I want to try blueberries, strawberries, and eggplant this year in addition to my usual tomatoes and basil. Oh, and some sunflowers and rosemary too. And then I saw a rose "tree" that I wanted... but where would I put it?

I think I'm going to be really sore tomorrow. I'm suppose to run intervals.

Yes, I'm having a ADHD kind of week.

What kind of week are you having?

1 comment:

  1. you and me both....my week has been horrid. I can't concentrate, I can't focus, I am out of my mind weirded out(not a word)by way too many things. I need to go to a confessional and unload! (HA!) My workouts have been pathetic all week, mind you I had to work a lot but still. Keep pushing forward you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete