Wednesday, May 1, 2013

In the Doghouse

                                                                           Belle
Apparently, someone got bored last night....


So this is what I woke up to this morning... my raised garden, completely dug up and destroyed. I was NOT happy. I found 16 of the 18 strawberry plants that had been there but my tomatoes are completely gone. I don't know if she ate them or what but I couldn't even find the remains of the tomato plants.



I got the strawberries somewhat put back together so hopefully they will survive. My husband says he'll try to figure something out today while I'm at work to "protect" the garden and get me some more tomato plants.

The rest of the yard is doing OK. Here are my coneflowers...


The ones that I moved to the front of my house are doing well too.

lily of the valley and tiger lillies

blueberry and raspberry plants


I've got sunflower seeds that I'm trying to start in pots. They are on my upstairs porch. I had to move them there so Belle wouldn't get them. She dumped the pots out the day I planted them when I had them right outside my front door. Bad Dog!!

Any ideas on how to keep Belle from digging up my garden?




1 comment:

  1. I heard of natural "remedies" that are not harmful but helpful: spraying a mixture of pepper, vinegar and I think cayenne around the area helps keep pets away. The one downside is you have to spray often especially if it rains because it washes away. Also maybe moth balls....do they even sell those anymore? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete