Sunday, April 7, 2013

Spring is Here!

What a difference a week makes...


When we left Indiana a week ago, it was in the 30's everyday. We returned to green everywhere, sunshine, and temperatures in the 60's and 70's.

It happens every year. The magic of Spring Break!

I didn't get any running in while on vacation. We were too busy driving around for 4 hours a day trying to find our next activity! I did get some hiking in and my arms were a wee bit sore the day after we went rafting but, really, not much to amount to a workout.

I did my long run today. The schedule called for 15 miles. I ended up getting 11 in. The weather was fantastic and it was wonderful to run on the road again. I started running in the late afternoon and started overheating during my first 5 miles. The sun started to set after that and it was better but I has huffing pretty good after 10. I went back out to do my last 5 but turned around at the half-mile point and decided I was going to call it a day and start making dinner instead.

I'm a little disappointed I didn't get all 15 miles in today but I'm looking forward to running outside this week!

2 comments:

  1. wow 11! That is still awesome in my book! Although I understand the frustration when you have a set goal in mind and you don't quite reach it! You will be proud of me for running 4 to 6 miles everyday while I was on Spring Break! It wasn't easy but I did it! Hope your training gets back on track! Enjoy this gorgeous spring weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 4-6 miles a day is great! I think that's more than my weekly mileage here lately.

      Delete