Saturday, June 8, 2019

Accountability Days 14 - 18: Road Trip

Day 14 was an Orange Theory day. I took a 9:15 am class because I had to leave town that afternoon. Class was OK. Got home, dropped the dog off at the dog hotel, then it was off to the Columbus, OH airport to pick up my husband. After picking him up we spent the night in western Pennsylvania. If you want, you can read up on that nice hotel experience HERE.

Day 15. I was motivated. I got up at 7 am feeling quite well. I hit the hotel fitness center and ran 3 miles on the dreadmill. After that hubs and I went to check out a local wild animal park before hitting the Pennsylvania Turnpike again to Philadelphia.

We got into our next hotel at the Philadelphia Airport around 4:30 pm. It gave us just enough time to change clothes and freshen up before driving into downtown Philadelphia to watch my younger daughter dance in her year-end show.

Day 16. Hubs and I got up early and left the hotel to pick up our daughter and drive to a restaurant in downtown Philly by 9 am to have breakfast with my daughter's friend and her friend's parents. After that it was back to my daughter's apartment where we spent the next couple hours moving her out. So no running today but I did get plenty of exercise moving boxes and bags out of her second floor apartment.

My daughter spent the next few hours at graduation watching some of her friends graduate. Hubs and I went back to the hotel and to clean up and lay down! I also had time to check my email and saw that Coach Ebersole had sent me my training plan for the next 3 weeks. Day 1 was this coming Sunday June 9th and it was only 2 miles. This made me feel a bit more relaxed about my lack of running.

Graduation was done around 6 pm. We drove back downtown to pick my daughter up, then hit the road again. We spent the night about 2 hours outside of Philadelphia in Carlisle, PA.

Day 17. Hubs roused all of us out of bed at 7:30 am, which I thought was a TOTALLY unreasonable hour. I was exhausted by then. He wanted to hit the road early in hopes of making it back home in time to pick up our dog from the dog hotel.

We hit construction... of course! We finally flew into town at 7 pm and got the dog. Whew! I thought hubs was going to have a nervous breakdown. Again, another day without a run.

Day 18. Today. I slept in. My daughter and I got groceries and we are going to a show tonight.

I'll run tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment