Saturday, June 1, 2019

Accountability Day 11: Still a Struggle

Not a good fitness day today. My "bad day" started last night.

I didn't eat dinner at home because I went to my niece's high school graduation Open House at 7 pm. There was snack food there - make your own nacho type stuff and sweets - so I ate some. Driving home though I felt like I really hadn't had any dinner so I drove through McDonald's for a Daily Double and fries. It was after 9:30 pm and I didn't feel like cooking. So... I wasn't really as hungry as I thought I was. Halfway through the burger I realized I was full... but then I ate most of it anyway... then I felt sick. Blah!! Why do I do that?!

I was full to the point of being uncomfortable and had problems falling asleep. Finally got to sleep around midnight.

Alarm was set for 4 am. I surprisingly woke up before my alarm and didn't feel too bad. I still felt full so I skipped breakfast and opted for a wake-me-up Diet Coke instead.

I should have prepped some food yesterday for my lunch today but I didn't so I packed a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch. I worked from 6 am to 3 pm. Not horrible but steadily busy. I never touched my lunch.

Sooo... we all know how this ends. I ate my sandwich as I started driving home. Then I got sleepy. Then I decided I was still hungry. Then I picked up another burger driving through Martinsville.

I fell asleep as soon as I got home. I briefly thought about running after I woke up 2 hours later but decided I didn't feel like it. I fixed a big container of Southwest style pico de gallo - corn, black beans, tomatoes, red onion, cilantro with some lime, red wine vinegar and spices - but then decided I wasn't in the mood for it... then heated up a can of Chunky clam chowder instead. Again, got full after one bowel but finished the rest of the can anyway. Crap.

So that was my day. Bad food and no running.

No comments:

Post a Comment