Monday, June 3, 2019

Accountability Day 12 and 13: Down and Up

Day 12 was another day down the exercise drain.

I tried to go to bed "early" around 10:30 pm the night before but for some reason I could not get to sleep. I tossed and turned and remember looking at the clock and it saying 2:30 am. Well... when my alarm went off at 4 am I was dead tired and could NOT get up. I finally peeled myself out of bed at 4:30 am so I could throw on some clothes and make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch before running out the door at 5am. Breakfast was McDonald's drive thru. I did manage to eat my sandwich during my shift at work. I got off work on time at 3 pm and also managed to make it all the way home without hitting another drive thru.

All I really wanted to do was SLEEP! However I had to pick my husband up at the airport at 5:30 pm so I made myself a ham and cheese sandwich for dinner and got back in the car again to go pick him up. After we got home we both just laid on the couch and caught up on our week. He had flown in from Seattle so he was tired too. Before we knew it it was pitch black outside so I called it a night.

Day 13, today, was better.

I slept for 11 hours and finally felt like a real person. The morning was spent mowing grass. Most of the rest of the day was spent planning out a color way for a new crochet project I'm working on. I wanted to get a yarn order in today so I had to figure out what colors I needed. This took HOURS... and I had to take my husband to the airport again. I finally got everything done around 8 pm. I considered blowing off running again as crocheting seemed like more fun... but, I changed clothes and went for a run.

Once I got running it felt great. It was one of those nights I felt like I could run forever. I stopped after 5 miles though as it was getting dark. I stayed out as long as I dared. I've had enough runs where I've had to dive into farm fields for on coming traffic in the dark (as my roads have no lights and no shoulder and I don't wear lights either) and I was not in any mood to play chicken tonight.

Onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment