Friday, May 30, 2014

Racing Update

Crossroads posted their standings this morning and I'm happy to say I am still in second place!


The woman in first is the one that won the overall last weekend and she is clearly faster than me. Sara, who is now in fourth, is definitely the fastest female runner (she runs a 6 minute pace) but she didn't run last weekend. Pretty much everyone else in the top 10 ran last weekend so I.'m glad I made the choice to run.

Crossroads also ended up mailing out the age group awards so I got my gift certificates in the mail yesterday.

I see some new trail running shoes in my future!
 
 
While I was running my triple header this past weekend, my friend John did a formal Western States training weekend in Squaw Valley. He ran most of the trail... covered 78 miles in 3 days. He then called and told me to start putting in some time on a stair master. There will be large portions of the trail where we will be walking uphill. A lot of the climbs are pretty technical and we will definitely be doing my section in the dark. He rolled his ankle 7 miles before the end of his last training run and ended up walking 7 miles so he was all about being careful on the trail now.
 
I've been tired this week. After racing Saturday, I put in a total of 42 hours at work from Saturday evening to Wednesday afternoon. Got 5 miles in Wednesday night. I had 10 planned yesterday but had too much kid stuff to do in the morning and didn't hit the road til 10 am. Then it was too freakin' hot! I bailed at 2 miles and decided to finish it in the evening. I went out again at 9 pm and was going to do 8 but bailed at 5 because, again, I still had stuff to finish up at home and that's all I could think about.
 
Today is G's elementary school graduation. Last day of school for both kid's. Both kid's have parties to attend this evening so I think Clark and I are going to have date night... instead of me going for a run.
 
Crossroads has another race on Sunday but I am stuck at work all weekend. I may try to hit some trails after work though.
 
What are your weekend plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment