Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Rant

 
This is one of my favorite images. It pretty much sums up my mood tonight.

I went to CVS to do a simple deal - buy $30 worth of advertised products, get a $10 gas card. Pretty simple. I bought $31.45 worth of product and used $3.75 worth of coupons so I paid $27.70 (pre-tax) and a $10 gas card coupon printed.

Then... this cashier that I've never seen before tore the coupon off the bottom of my receipt and told me I couldn't have it because I used coupons for my transaction. Ummm... I've been a CVS shopper forever. I have never had someone tell me I couldn't have one of their advertised deals because I used coupons on the deal. In fact, if the total to trigger a deal is post-coupon, the register won't print the coupon. I told the cashier she was wrong and that the $10 gas card coupon was mine because it printed on my receipt and no one at CVS has ever taken (torn!) something off my receipt and kept it. I figured if something had changed with their policy, she would call a manager over to back her up. Instead, she started futzing around the register... re-rang some of my items, wanted my credit card back for a return (??? I think), then did some more futzing around, and finally handed me a gas card. Then, she tells me that when she rang my order, the register told her to keep my coupon. ??? So the register prints a coupon and then flashes an alert to the cashier to keep the coupon it just printed? I called BS on that!

I left with all my items and the gas card like I'd planned. The more I thought about it though, the more concerned I got about what had just transpired. I was positive that that cashier was just making stuff up. Plus, why did she have to re-ring my order? All she had to do was scan the gas card coupon that had printed on my original receipt that she still had in her hand. I was worried she had re-rang my transaction at a higher price. I finally called the store and talked with the manager. The manager agreed and told me that that should not have happened. She was going to look at the transactions and try to figure out what the cashier did. So I guess I better now... but WTF! Why do people act like that? I am sick and tired of cashiers that don't understand how coupons work and make up stuff on the fly.

OK, rant over.

I got 3 miles in at 9 pm tonight.
Threw all my old newspapers and 3 months worth of expired coupon inserts in the recycle bin.
Hoping I have time for a longer run tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Ummm...pretty sure the cashier was planning to pump your $10 into HER tank after her shift! How many other poor schmucks fell for her BS? Good for you!! I'm not the sharpest couponing tack in the drawer, but even I'd have caught onto that scam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG....this has me so furious. She's a scam artist. Pure and simple. I can't believe her audacity! To think you were just going to let you tear a coupon on YOUR receipt. I would so go back to the manager to ask for a final answer on what happen...OK now my rant is over :)

    ReplyDelete