Thursday, May 22, 2014

NOT a Morning Person

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I'm NOT A MORNING PERSON!

I set my alarm for 4:20 am today with every intention of getting up so I could go run with the group that runs at 5am at my fitness center. I figured if I did that, I could get my 10 miles in before I had to get the kids to school. NOT!

Alarm went off. I shut it off and rolled over... and that's all she wrote. I got up in time to take G to school at 8:45 am.

Next on the agenda was getting rid of some of J's unwanted clothing.

All of this went to Goodwill this morning
 
Then it was off to Meijer for a little shopping.
 
First transaction - I used this Catalina (the machine next to the register that spits out coupons) coupon to get a $50 Meijer gift card.
 
$50 gift card for $45 - it's like $5 free money
 
I then used the gift card I had just purchased to buy everything else.
 
Second transaction - Oscar Mayer has a deal going on where if you buy 5 packages of lunch meat, a Catalina coupon will print for $4 off your next purchase. Meijer has some of the Oscar Mayer lunch meat on sale for $1 this week. Ziplock has a deal going on where if you buy 4 Ziplock products a Catalina coupon will print for $2 off your next purchase. Meijer has their own promotion going on this week where the register will automatically deduct $2 when you buy 3 Ziplock products. I also had coupons for $1 off 2 Ziplock products.
 
I bought 5 packages of Oscar Mayer Cotti Salami and 4 boxes of quart size Ziplock bags. Paid $11.55 and got these two coupons...
 



Third transaction - 6 count boxes of Kashi granola bars are on sale this week, buy 3 boxes, get 1 box free. The advertised price was 3 for $9, however I found that my favorite ones were actually clearance priced at $2.30 I also had coupons for $2 off 3 boxes. The clearance boxes would not automatically give me the 4th box free at the register but the cashier did an override since both their print ad and their shelf tag said "buy 3 get 1 free." I got 8 boxes. Also picked up 4 lbs of ground chuck at $2.59 a pound and used a Catalina coupon for $1.50 off a $10 meat purchase. Plus, there is an mPerks promo for this weekend (that started today) where members get 5% off grocery purchases and I picked this transaction to use the 5% off. Paid $11.19 for this transaction.

$22.74 for everything pictured (regular price was $60.32)

Ended up with:
4 boxes of 30-count quart size Ziplock bags
5 packages of Oscar Mayer Cotti Salami
8 boxes of 6-count Kashi bars
4 lbs ground chuck

I really like the Kashi bars. I recognize everything on their ingredient list. The Dark Chocolate Coconut bars have 4g protein, 21g carbs and 120 calories per bar. The Dark Mocha Almond ones have 6g protein, 21g carbs and 130 calories per bar. They're handy to have around when I feel like chewing my arm off.

So I said I would run 10 miles. Now I had to run 10 miles. Of course the kids came home. Afternoon turned to evening... I ended up hamster tracking it at the fitness center at 7:30 in the evening. The first two laps were sheer terror - my right foot was killing me, I didn't feel like running, I was afraid I would bail... but it got better by mile 2 and I started to feel really good. By mile 7 and 8 though my brain was telling me it might be OK to just go home. I've put in a decent amount of miles, why not? No no NO! I stuck it out and did all 10.

Tomorrow's a "rest" day. Actually I'm working all day then meeting friends for dinner. Hopefully I'll get to bed at a decent hour so I can rest up for my crazy triple header race day on Saturday!

What are your weekend plans?

3 comments:

  1. 10 miles! Awesome...triple header race...not so much! I am running this morning and then tons of prep for Lacrosse Senior Dinner, which is my excuse for not running races...in fact I can come up with a multitude of excuses why I don't want to run races. That's just how I roll! :)
    Good Luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My plans? Purging purging purging. (A room full of junk, not the contents of my stomach, lol). Good luck on your race Saturday! Have fun...no injuries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Shopping Deals!! Good Luck with the race today! I plan on doing some decluttering/organizing!

    ReplyDelete