Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Why I Couldn't Go to Sleep Last Night


Reason #1 - I couldn't get in my bed if I wanted to! Belle thinks my side of the bed is HER side of the bed.

Reason #2 - This is what got delivered...


Yarn for my cardigan! I had to order it because the multicolored yarn is new from Lionbrand for this fall and it's not in stores quite yet. I'm impatient like that. Most of the time, I'm so impatient that I don't even make a gauge swatch when I start a new project. I'm glad I did this time though.

The directions called for using a 9.0 mm crochet hook. This is HUGE! My swatch is suppose to be 4 inches.


The 9.0 mm hook made the swatch an inch too big and the stitches were way sloppy. I dropped down to a 6.0 mm hook because that's the next size down that I had on hand.


That seemed to make it close enough so I started the project.


I'm starting with the back of the cardigan, bottom to top. The bottom edge is suppose to measure 22.5 inches and gets narrower as you go to the top. Well, I got 17 inches. Ugh. I needed a slighter larger hook. Of course I didn't have  one. Impatient me had to run out to JoAnn before they closed for a larger hook. I thought I needed a 7.0 mm hook. Well, apparently this size doesn't exist. My choices were a 6.5mm or a 8.0 mm. Again, the 8.0 mm just looked HUGE so I went with 6.5.


6.5 mm still made it a little short. I ended up using the instructions for the next size up to get closer to the measurements I needed and got a piece that was 22 inches. Close enough for impatient me. I hope that half inch doesn't end up biting me in the butt later on! Worst case, I may have to adjust the stiches for the sleeves where it goes into the armholes if my sleeves are a hair too not wide enough (or something like that!)


I've got 16 rows done so far and my hand is a little sore this morning.

And finally, Reason #3 - My legs are killing me!

BOTH my hamstrings are killing me 24/7. I've been running with the pain but I'm getting worried that it's just getting worse instead of better now that my right side is hurting too. I can't sit or lay down because squishing my legs down on a surface makes them spasm. The only time they are comfortable is when I'm sitting on ice. I can't get comfortable to get to sleep.

I decided I'm taking the rest of this week off running. I was suppose to do my 13.1 mile time trial today. Otherwise, this is suppose to be my low mileage week with only 30 miles on the schedule. After this week, the mileage really goes up with long runs of 19-20 miles. I'm getting a little panicky that I've got some injury that's going to affect my training because I've been pretty on track so far. I scheduled a sports massage on Friday at my chiropractor's office. Til then, I think I'll just lay around with ice and ibuprofen and hope a couple days off will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment