Thursday, August 8, 2013

Grocery Deals Today

Today was a day to step back, breathe, and reassess things.

Yesterday, I was so tired I could barely drive home from work. I am using my second "wiggle week" as far as marathon training goes since I barely have the energy to drive, much less run! By the time I got done carting the kids around to dance and cheer, getting dinner, making sure homework got done, etc. it was midnight again.

I just want to sleep today. Wishful thinking. I still need to clean up around here! I decided to pull out of both Pillsbury contests on Saturday. I an still going to enter two pies in the regular fair contest but not do the Pillsbury ones. Pillsbury has to be original recipes and I haven't had time to practice my visions. I'm thinking about pulling out of the Red Gold Salsa Contest next week too. I am still doing Red Gold Chili because I've got that recipe down. I also decided not to run when exhausted this week and that took a lot of pressure off.

So what am I doing today? Grocery shopping (again!) for regular food. I haven't been deal shopping in a couple weeks due to the "abnormal" shopping I've been doing for fair ingredients. It was time to stock up the regular pantry. Plus, Meijer is going to stop doubling coupons on August 25th so I want to try to get some good deals done before the doubling goes away. Kroger stopped doubling on July 31st. It seems like the really good deals are getting harder and harder to do.

Deal of the Day
Got these for $0.70 each - they are 14 oz. boxes

Meijer has Cheerios on sale for $2.50 a box, buy 4, get $4 off instantly. So, $6 for 4 boxes. Then I used two printables from www.coupons.com for 0.50 off one box, doubled, and two printables from the Pillsbury website for 0.60 off one box for another $3.20 off, so I paid $2.80 for 4 boxes.

Meijer is also running some deals where you get $8 of when you buy 8 select products. I did two separate transactions and ended up with the following...

$27.36 after coupons and Meijer instant savings

4 boxes of Cheerios
5 cans of Maxwell House coffee
7 boxes Kraft Deluxe Macaroni and Cheese
4 packages of Kraft cheese slices
4 pints of blueberries
3 lbs of apples
1 jar Jif peanut butter

Blueberries and apples are for my pies tomorrow. Everything else is for my pantry. I will probably be doing some more grocery stock-ups before this ad week is out.

I'm going to bed EARLY tonight!




1 comment:

  1. I am tired just thinking about all the "stuff" you are doing. In fact I am tired thinking about all the "stuff" I should be doing! Wish I didn't make such a fuss about Kraft mac and cheese being bad for my kids now all they want is mac and cheese made from scratch!!!! I actually love kraft mac and cheese....but I don't tell them! :)

    ReplyDelete