Wednesday, August 21, 2013

My New Project

OK, first things first...

Some advice on WHAT NOT TO DO. Probably common sense for most of you but I did it anyway. Since I fell asleep on the couch Monday morning and did not get my 17 mile run in in the morning, I had to do it in the evening. So here's my advice... do NOT eat pizza (even yummy homemade Margherita pizza) at 5:30 pm and go running at 6:00 pm. Let's just say I felt like I was going to die about an hour later. I got over it though and finished in 2:52. I breezed through my first 7 until I felt like death and really slowed for my last 4. This was supposed to be an "easy"(i.e. SLOW) run so I kept telling myself that at the end. The purpose of your long run is to get your body used to just moving constantly for hours at a time - almost 3 in my case! Now I'm thinking - just gotta be able to run 9.2 more miles in 1:03 to make my goal. Looks like I'll have to pick up the pace some.

Surprisingly, I didn't feel too bad yesterday.

Now, my new project!


I am going to make this Colorfully Modern Cardigan while doing the Lion Brand Crochet Along (link HERE if you want to participate too).

I've never done a Crochet Along but I get the Lion Brand e-mail newsletter and it looked like something I would actually wear so I decided to participate. There will be weekly blog posts on the Lion Brand site for this project so I'm thinking it will help me get it done and not have it end up as a UFO!

1 comment:

  1. I so wish I knew how to crochet (properly). I can't wait to see the cardigan and your process! Good job on the run. (as always!) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete