Monday, July 15, 2013

15 Minutes

15 minutes. I was 15 minutes from sliding out of work EARLY last night. I was scheduled to work until 11 pm but the night shift doc comes in at 10:30 pm so I can leave when I finish up my patients. So, 10:15 pm and I've got almost everyone wrapped up. Yippee!! Then... we had a major car accident come thru the door. A semi-truck rear-ended a sedan and the back bumper of the sedan ended up in the front seat. I couldn't exactly tell those people that were in the sedan to wait 15 minutes. Arghhh... I finally left work at 1:15 am. Then, I couldn't get on the highway to come home because the semi had spilled gasoline all over the highway where it runs through Bloomington so all the on ramps were closed and I ended up having to detour through the north end of town. Needless to say, I just went to bed when I got home.

I slept in until 9:30 am. My daughter and I ran to the fair around noon to see how we'd done - I'll post full details later - then I came home and started baking.

This is what is done so far...
Raspberry Pie - that's the first lattice top I've ever made
Raspberry Muffins - I just have to choose 6 that look alike

I still have to ice my cake and make my cookies. Hopefully I'll get to bed at a decent time tonight. I'm planning to do a 6 mile tempo run in the morning before I go to the fair. I got a 30 minute exercise bike workout in tonight for my cross-training day.

The fair has free parking from 11:30 am - 12:30 pm all week and there's no entry fee. I'll be at the Raspberry Bakeoff in the Extension Office from noon to whenever it ends so come see me if you're at the fair tomorrow!


1 comment:

  1. Your pie is gorgeous! I bet it tastes amazing! Good luck! I have been working and trying to get back in the grove of things since N.C. hopefully I too can share pics soon! :)

    ReplyDelete