Tuesday, February 26, 2013

I Definately Do Not Do Mornings!

This morning, it was just plain gross outside - 30 degrees, gray, and pouring down rain. A good morning to sleep in. Even the chickens next door were sleeping in. Anyway, on mornings such as this, I drive my kids down to the end of the driveway (we have a loooong driveway) to wait for the bus.

I remember driving my daughter down and looking at the clock on my dashboard, thinking we were a couple minutes early for the bus. Next thing I know, it's 20 minutes later, car is still running, it's nice and cozy inside, and I'm all alone. I guess I fell asleep! I slept through the bus showing up and my daughter getting out of the car. Either that or I was kidnapped by aliens and had my memory erased.

I could have easily gone back to bed and slept a couple more hours. However, I told my friend Hope I'd meet her at the fitness center for a "Pilates and More" class at 9:30am. Um... we definately did the "and More" since the first thing I was told when I showed up was to go get some weights. 30 minutes on the bike after that. 8.68 miles, 87 rpm. My legs are still dead or maybe they're still sleeping.

Off to work now. I'm scheduled til 11pm so I'm hoping to get home at a decent hour.

Are you a morning person or a night owl? I am definately a night owl.

2 comments:

  1. That was like no other Pilates class I've ever taken (nor will I take again)! The "and more" part should be required to have an asterisk attached. So much for slow controlled breathing, soft movements, stretching & lengthening. More like... catch a breath when you can, smack yourself with a hand weight, rip your muscles into shreds. LOL!! Way too intense for me at this stage in my recovery. I'll be recovering from that class all day tomorrow.
    I am most definitely a Night Owl. I sleep so much better during the day. Come to think of it, my skin is pasty white & won't tan, I like my red meat kinda rare, & my hubby has curious bruises on his neck...wait, what?? Wonder if I sparkle in the sunlight?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a morning person, although I can't seem to get my butt to the gym before 8ish....at the earliest!

    ReplyDelete