Monday, February 18, 2013

Accountability

Hello World! Welcome to my blog. I am starting this blog today to make myself more accountable. So many times we think about doing things but they never come to fruition because our goals or plans never get past the "thought" stage - at least that's been MY experience. I think I will get more done if I get my "thoughts" out there, in public, so I'm more accountable for following through.

In addition to accountablilty, there's just a lot of stuff I enjoy that I'd just like to share - thus my title Mom of All Trades.

I started a half-marathon training program today. I am running the 500 Festival Mini-Marathon on May 4, 2013. I've run this multiple times but rarely really train for it because life gets in the way. I have actually perfected the "0 to 13.1 in 3 weeks program" over the years but I've been told several times that I'm not 18 anymore... and I'd like to run some faster times so I'm trying a training program. I picked the FIRST program, detailed in this book


It's an 18 week program. I have 11 weeks til the race. I'll have to do some condensing. Today was my long run. I'll be the first to admit I'm a fair weather runner so I've mainly been putzing around indoors. I've run a total of 22 miles this month. Today I added 8. The program entails one long run, one tempo run, and one day of speedwork plus two or three days of cross-training. I will probably be sore tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats & Good Luck! Just please...don't let that accountability thing rub off on me please. It's not contagious, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha Hope's comment made me laugh! Interestingly enough I have been debating adding a portion on my blog about running/working out to make myself accountable...I can't even be accountable to add that on! I will just watch/read you being the responsible one! Great start I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! Thanks for letting me know about your blog. Perfect title for you!

    ReplyDelete