Sunday, January 7, 2024

The 3-Item To Do List

I'm not sure where I first heard of the 3-Item To Do List but it's something I've used over the years to help me prioritize my goals for the day, organize and manage my time.

It's simple. List the 3 things you want to get done each day.
This is what you'll focus on. Don't do anything else until those 3 things are done.
If you get those 3 things done and you want to do more, it's a bonus, but do the 3 things first.

My 3 Things Today:
1. Take down and put away the Christmas tree
2. Vacuum the living room
3. Order new running shoes

Check, check, and check.

My 30 minutes of activity today consisted of taking down the Christmas tree and vacuuming. We have a 9-foot artificial tree strung with 900 lights. Once it's disassembled, we have to wrap it up and carry it upstairs over our detached garage. It took my husband and me over an hour to accomplish this. By the time I got done vacuuming I needed a shower.

Meal planning today consisted of baking chicken breasts. I then used half of them to make white chicken chili and put the rest of them in the refrigerator for salads or other meals this week.

Breakfast was fresh strawberries with Greek vanilla yogurt and homemade granola.
Lunch was spinach with roasted beets, goat cheese, and a balsamic vinaigrette dressing. Homemade sourdough crackers on the side.
Dinner was the white chicken chili. It has white beans in it. I have about 2-3 more servings as leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment