Saturday, January 13, 2024

How To Eat An Elephant: 1/7/24 - 1/13/24

How to eat an elephant... so goes the quote. 
One bite at a time.

One bite at a time. One step at a time. One dollar at a time. One stitch at a time.
So many large things you can accomplish if you only take that first step, and then another, and then another. That was the voice that I heard in my head this week as I made my rounds around the hamster track.

All my running was done on the hamster track this week. 
Seven laps per mile.

Sunday 1/7/24
rest

Monday 1/8/24
3 miles
See previous post for details.

Tuesday 1/9/24
no miles
Truthfully, the day got away from me. I intended to run after my dentist appointment at 10 am, however my appointment ran almost 2 hours so I came home afterwards for lunch. My daughter than came over to work on a sewing project and I ended up spending the afternoon with her instead.

Wednesday 1/10/24
3 miles
My new running shoes arrived and they feel great!




Thursday 1/11/24
5 miles
I had to spend the afternoon helping my parents run errands and help around their house. They live an hour away so I made a point of getting my run done before I headed out to their house, knowing I wouldn't feel like running after I spent the day with them. This was the right call since it ended up I didn't get back home until 7pm.
Overall, I felt pretty darn accomplished running 5 miles today.
It's been quite some time since I've run this far.

Friday 1/12/24
no miles
No running miles but it was a full day.
Left the house at 9 am to go to a visitation for a friend's mother.
Didn't get back home until noon. 
My husband and I then went to a matinee to watch The Boys In The Boat.
Fantastic movie! I highly recommend it.
Got home in time to watch the IU vs. Minnesota basketball game.
Started dinner at halftime, then both kids and their boyfriends came over for dinner at 8:30pm.
A full day!

Saturday 1/13/24
5 miles
I got up at 3:15 am to take a kid to the airport.
The road conditions were horrible. There was freezing rain coming down, the highway was a sheet of ice and it was so windy I thought I was going to get blown into a guard rail. I got back home at 5am and went back to bed. Didn't wake back up until 11am.
Leaving the house to go run was a struggle. I felt dead tired.
I told myself I was going to get 3 miles in and go home.
Surprisingly, I felt stronger the further I ran so I ended up running 5.

I've decided to work on building base miles this month. Nice easy runs with no watch. I want to finish my runs always feeling like I could run more.

Food prep this week...
I made beef stroganoff last night and should have a couple more meals left.
I made granola to have with Greek yogurt and fruit next week.
I bought a 3lb bag of clementines to snack on.
I made a loaf of honey oat bread tonight because I have a craving for bougee PB & J made with pistachio almond butter and blueberry preserves.
It's been alot easier eating clean since I threw out almost all the junk food in the house.

Week 2 Activity Summary
16 miles running

No comments:

Post a Comment