Saturday, February 11, 2017

Training Log 2/5/17 - 2/11/17

Sunday 2/5 - Rest... if you want to call it that. Got up at 4:30 am to go to work. Worked in Bloomington all day then drove 2 hours to Carmel to pick G up by 5:30 pm (with two quick pit stops at CVS along the way!) Finally home at 6:30 pm. Not sure what I did with the rest of the night.

Monday 2/6 - No running. Up at 6 am to take G to school, then back down to Bloomington for a Pediatric Advanced Life Support renewal class. Done with that at 3 pm, then dashed home to pick up G and drive her to Carmel. Quite frankly I could hardly keep my eyes open at this point. Forget about even working out. Got home at 10 pm, made J a sandwich, then fell asleep on the couch. Woke up at 2 am to properly put myself to bed.

Tuesday 2/7 - 6 miles. Run club day. Woke up feeling well rested and was actually excited about what the workout might be... then saw that it was mile repeats. Probably one of the workouts I dislike the most because they intimidate me. Workout was 2 mile warm up, then 3 one mile repeats at 10K pace with a 3:00 jog in between, then a 1 mile cool down. After last week's run, I was feeling pretty confident and decided to push the envelope and shoot for times between 8:00 and 8:15. Well... first off, it was cloudy and overcast and my Garmin would NOT pick up a satellite. I spent the first two miles messing with my watch trying to get it to pick something up. It seemed to be tracking my distance but the satellite icon was still red and my pace recorded all over the place from 11:00 to 7:30. After two miles, I reset my watch and took off running, never picking up a satellite.
Mile 1 - 8:30. Ugh. Don't even know if this is right.
Mile 2 - 8:40. Ditto.
Mile 3 - 8:48. Now I'm running as hard as I can and I don't seem to be going any faster.
One mile cool down in 10:55???
Not sure if any of these times were accurate but I felt like I was working super hard during my mile repeats and couldn't believe they weren't any faster; then I basically felt like death afterwards.

Wednesday 2/8 - 30 minutes stationary bike/ level 5 rollers. Totally exhausted all day and then it started snowing in the evening. I really just wanted to lay down on the Y floor and take a nap instead of bike.

Thursday 2/9 - 6 miles. Hamster tracked it cause it was cold wet and snowy outside Wasn't too bad.



Friday 2/10 - 6 miles. Nice easy run on the Monon. Getting a massage in the morning probably helped too. Oh, and it's almost 60 degrees again.

Saturday 2/11 - 6 miles. Hills on my county roads. I considered re-doing Tuesday's run club workout but woke up with heavy legs and just a "flat" feeling so I did hills instead... in shorts and a T-shirt.

I'm afraid to look at next Saturday's weather forecast for my 10K!

24 miles this week.

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure you were flying way faster than your Garmin says. You work hard - that's what counts!

    ReplyDelete