Thursday, February 2, 2017

February Grocery Challenge Day 2 - Quick Target Run

I wasn't going to shop today but then realized I needed a head of cauliflower and two bell peppers for supper tonight. I had a couple of Target deals I wanted to do anyway so it was off to Super Target this morning.

$4.44 for everything

I had coupons from one of the January Sunday inserts for $2 off any Up and Up healthcare product at Target that were going to expire on 2/18/17, plus I had the 0.75 off a can Bush's beans from the 1/29/17 inserts which I knew were going to net me some free cans of beans.


So...
head of cauliflower   2.27
2 bell peppers @ 0.72 each
4 cans of Bush's black beans @ 0.75 each
4 80-ct boxes of Up and Up band aids @ 2.17 each
subtotal 15.39
- 4 (.75 Bush's beans coupons)
- 4 (2.00 Up and Up coupons)
  4.39
+0.05 (tax on 0.68 for the Up and Up)
$ 4.44



I'm keeping a box of band aids and donating the rest. I'll probably try to find some more Bush's coupons too as you can't beat free!

Supper tonight...

Roasted Vegetable Chicken Chili with Avocado
photo from "The Foodie and the Fix"
recipe HERE


February Grocery Spending: $4.85
February Donation Spending: $5.58

No comments:

Post a Comment