Sunday, September 15, 2013

Progress

I am enjoying a day of rest today! I had a huge day yesterday that topped off my already busy week. I actually ended up all alone last night - no hubby and no kids - and what did I do? I dropped over at 10 pm and slept!

So here is how Week 11 of my training went...

Sunday - 5 miles
Monday - exercise bike X 30 minutes and weights after seeing the chiropractor
Tuesday - 10 miles
Wednesday - 5 miles
Thursday - rest
Friday - 10 miles
Saturday - 20 miles

Total of 50 miles for the week. I did it! Made all my mileage for the week. I got up at 4 am yesterday so I could eat and be awake and ready to run by 5 am. I ended up wearing a headlamp. I felt like a dork but it was pitch black out and I didn't want to get run over either. I got 13.5 miles in before the sun came up but, overall, it was a beautiful morning for a long run. 45 degrees when I started and 54 degrees when I finished 3:36 later. I was nervous about how long it was taking me but I kept reminding myself that I had run 10 the day before and that this was suppose to be my "slow" run. I have two more 20 milers on my training schedule so I'll see if there's any improvement in my time.

Got my run in, treated myself to a bacon, egg, and spinach Panini at Einsteins, showered and went to my daughter's football game. My husband hijacked the family after the game and made us run errands with him before coming home. Then, it was off to Carmel with my younger daughter to see what she had been cast as in the "Nutcracker."

My daughter is a mouse, a child of the kingdom, AND  Klara's understudy!! This is a huge deal for her since Klara and Sugarplum are the leads in the dance. She's not the lead but she's incredibly excited to be the understudy. Also looks like we will be in Carmel EVERY Saturday and Sunday until December for rehearsal.

After the casting call, we swung by the mall and my parents' house, then drove an hour back home. It was 7 pm by then. My younger daughter went to a friend's house, my older daughter went to a friend's house, and my husband had already left town AGAIN. So it was just me... and I dropped over!

So here's the work I did on my basement this week...

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

I'm still working on the dining room but hope to have it done in the next day or two. I've got a couple more carloads of stuff to haul out of the house but I am resting today. I made a grocery run this morning so I might make a pie - recipe here soon if I do.



No comments:

Post a Comment