Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Being a Mom

Mommy duties have really kept me busy lately and have altered some of my running plans. Actually, my husband being out of town is altering my plans too!

Last weeks training started out OK. I made it to hump day on track...

Sunday - 4 miles
Monday - 9 miles
Tuesday - rest
Wednesday - 19 miles

Then it went downhill from there...

Thursday - blew off cross-training
Friday - too tired to run after work
Saturday - planned on running a 5K but ended up not running at all

So Week 10 ended up with 32 of my planned 45 miles.

My husband was out of town last weekend and I hadn't been to any of my daughter's football games where she is cheering yet. My 5K was in Brownstown which is about 2 hours away. I was tied for first place in the 40-44 women's age group points standings in the Crossroads of Indiana Road Racing Series.  My in-laws offered to get my daughter to and from the school but it was an away game and the kids can leave with their parents if their parents go to the game. The last time she went to an away game, I was running the Sprint with the Spirit 5K so she ended up being the only kid on the bus going home. She was going to be the only kid on the bus again if I didn't go to the game. I went to the game. The woman that I was tied with is a faster runner than me. She ended up third overall. Looking at the times, I think I would have finished fourth or fifth. Oh well, there will be more races this fall. I intended to go running after I got home from the football game but sitting outside in the sun all morning had me zapped so I ended up napping instead.

So my husband is out of town AGAIN this week. I was going to run with the group at the fitness center at 5 am this morning for part of my run, as I had 10 miles on the schedule. Well... last night, my older daughter had a breakdown over her Honors Biology test this morning. Seems she missed class a couple times on account of being sick one day and going to the orthodontist another day and didn't know what was going on. I had to help her learn all about ionic and covalent bonds and carbohydrate and sugar structures. Ummm...yeah.... I was clueless. I had to get online and refresh my own memory. Not like I have a Honors BS in Biochemistry or anything. That is ancient history. I couldn't even remember the definition of an atomic number.

We were up til midnight so nevermind getting up at 4 am to go running! I ended up going to the fitness center and running 10 miles indoors after the kids got to school. I ran 5 miles outside on Sunday and just melted. I was going to run in the evening but decided at 2 pm to get it done. It had just sprinkled some rain. Instead of making it cooler, it was a sauna outside. I didn't realize this until I started running. I got so overheated I had to walk about a 100 yards after 3.5 miles of running, then slogged it on home. I've decided I'm tired of summer. Definitely ready for some crisper weather!

I am purging the house this week. I took used soccer stuff to Play It Again Sports yesterday as well as 4 bags of stuff to Goodwill. I've got more things in the Goodwill pile as well as stuff for Once Upon a Child, Half Price Books, and a church in Whiteland that is taking used furniture.

What are you doing this week?

1 comment:

  1. I ran 5 outside yesterday morning and just about died! So today (wednesday) I am running on our treadmill, totally boring but I have lunch plans and I don't want to be over-heated!
    Also we had the same deal with the Honors Biology Test...that teacher is....well I am going with: CRAZY! He doesn't teach the kids! (that's if J has the same teacher as K?) Anyway, hope you get all your miles in this week! :)

    ReplyDelete