Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Goodbye Little Chair...

Goodbye little table and chairs...

Goodbye little rocking chair...


I hope someone loves and enjoys these as much as we did. We had some dear friends (Bill and Sue) in Michigan who bought these at an Amish furniture store in the Shipshewana, IN area. They have two girls that are several years older than my older daughter and a son that was born the same summer as my older daughter. We used to have get togethers at their house all the time and their little girls would sit at the little table and chairs to eat while the grown-ups sat in our grown up chairs.

When their girls out grew the little table and chairs, Sue gave them to me. She also gave me this little rocking chair. Both my girls sat at the little table and chairs and rocked in the rocking chair too. But now they are grown and the furniture has been in my basement for years. They have some sentimental value and I wanted to pass them along to someone too... I just couldn't find the right someone.

This weekend, I was flipping through the Center Grove magazine when I came across an article about Storehouse Ministries in Whiteland, IN. They provide free furniture to people in need. The article just struck a cord when it said "Items are given to a client at no cost and are gifts from the Lord; therefore, they are never to be sold." I decided this is where the furniture needed to go. It was given to me and I wanted to give it to someone else. So, last night, my younger daughter and I packed it all in my SUV, drove it over, and said goodbye.

Remember when I said I was purging my house this week? Well this is what I'm facing...

Basement bar area

Another basement view

Doesn't everyone have a ballet barre in their dining room?

So my Big Kid (aka my husband) is gone all week and he may be my biggest slob of all (shhh... don't tell him I said that!) My goal is to clean all this up while he is gone.

Rich and Paula from Storehouse Ministries came to my house with a truck today. They picked up...


...this bookcase/TV stand that I bought (from a garage sale) when I was a senior in college. Yes, I get attached to my stuff but I finally decided it needed to go.




...this table that I got from Goodwill several years ago, right before fair week. I didn't own my bun rack yet and was in serious need of some more flat surfaces that I could put stuff down on in my kitchen. This table fit the bill perfectly... then, it somehow could never leave my house - until today.

They also got my crib and changing table - not pictured because it was disassembled. My youngest child will be 11 next month. The Big Kid will be thrilled to find out I finally got it out of our basement.

Hopefully, I will have some "after" pictures in a day or so. I got a workout hauling all the furniture up from the basement and into our garage so it could get picked up. I also got 5 miles in this morning before it got ridiculously hot. All I have to do now is go to work until 7 am tomorrow.

See you all on the other side!


1 comment:

  1. Good for you for purging! I know it can be very difficult for some....sadly not me, I am the anti-hoarder, if something is not bolted down it is likely to go. I have to admit I have given stuff to Goodwill (or similar places) only to regret it later...that's weird I know! My youngest gets VERY attach to everything, she is so messy and keeps everything...I guess she is revolting against my ways ;) I gave up yesterday and ran 6miles on the treadmill..too hot!

    ReplyDelete