Friday, September 13, 2013

Cafe Fridays and Plink

Ahhhh, to be a fifth grader again...

My younger daughter's teacher has started a thing called "Café Fridays." Basically every Friday morning the kids get to lounge with their favorite book while eating a cinnamon roll or other breakfast snack and sip a drink. Sounds like a great way to start a Friday morning. Can I join?

Of course my daughter HAD to have some new books for Café Friday. Actually, she wanted some books that she had checked out of the library so many times that we might as well owned them. Luckily her deal seeking mom had a solution. I belong to Plink. Plink is a rewards site that gives you points for purchases at select retailers. You have to register one credit card, then, every time you use your registered credit card at the selected retailer, you are awarded points. You can then redeem points for gift cards. Generally 500 points equals a $5 gift card, 1000 points equals a $10 gift card, and so on. I like it because I can double dip on rewards this way.

I am a firm believer in getting the most out of your money. If I am spending money, I want something back for it.  I have a rewards credit card that I buy EVERYTHING with. Doesn't matter if it's fifty cents, it goes on the card. The card gets paid off every month so I never carry a balance or pay any fees but I rack up a boat-load of rewards points this way. By registering the same card with Plink, I am now getting Plink points and credit card reward points on the same purchase. Sometimes you can even pull off a triple dip this way. For example, Outback Steakhouse is one of the retailers you can choose on Plink. Outback also had it's own rewards program (that of course I belonged to). So, buy a meal at Outback with your registered card, get rewards credit card points, Plink points, AND Outback rewards points. A triple dip; get credit for three different rewards programs with the same dollar you are spending. Unfortunately Outback stopped it's rewards program over the summer so I can't do the triple dip anymore.

So, back to Café Fridays. One of the available rewards on Plink is a Barnes and Noble gift card. I cashed in some Plink points for a gift card.


We got two books and everyone was happy! If you have a Kindle, there are Amazon gift cards on Plink too. I think I'm going to start having my own Café Fridays after the kids go to school. This is what I'm reading now...


"A Life Without Limits" by 3-time Ironman World Champion Chrissie Wellington. I highly recommend it. It's not just about triathlon, but more about her journey in life and it is SO good.

Read any good books lately?

If you want to join PLINK, click HERE for my referral link. We will both get 100 points.

No comments:

Post a Comment