Monday, May 27, 2013

Random Thoughts on Running and Baking

Some random notes...

I still have some speed but my endurance is zilch. I tried to run intevals yesterday. I was only going to do 3 of them at 4:00 pace. I did a 1 mile wam up. Ran interval #1 in 3:43. Two minute rest. Ran interval #2 in 3:45. Then I just died. My side was hurting so bad by the time I finished #2 that I couldn't even straighten up and doing #3 was out of the question. When I could finally straighten myself out, I jogged a 1 mile warm down. Pretty disgusted I could only do two but a little happy that I could run them that fast. But still, what was I thinking?! I ran them 15-17 seconds under pace! I think what I was thinking was that I was afraid I'd die later in the interval and I was banking time on the front end.

Ran 5 miles this morning. I really wanted to lay around this morning but it was really nice outside when I finally got out at 9 am and I was really glad I did my run. The rest of the day got busy so I probably would not have had time to get a run in had I not done it this morning.

I am not a morning person but lately I've just been waking up at 6:30 am. Not sure what to make of that!

Peaches, apparently, are not in season yet. I made try #2 and #3 of my dessert pizza yesterday and today. I had been getting my peaches from Meijer and they just haven't been very ripe. Today I didn't have time to run to Meijer so I went to Marsh. I made four trips around the produce department and could not find the peaches. I finally asked the produce guy where the peaches were. He looked at me like I had a horn growing out of my head and told me their peaches don't come in until mid-June or July. Hmm... maybe that's why the peaches I've been getting weren't very ripe! I think I'm going to shelve this dessert pizza project for a couple weeks anyway since I've fed it to my family for 3 days, my in-laws yesterday, and my parents today (gotta love holiday weekends for trying out new food). Peaches should be in season when I try again.

I'm working quite a bit this week. I'm going to try intervals again tomorrow before work IF it's not raining. I also realized that I am not going to get home from work until midnight or later the night before all three 5K's that I'm planning on running so far.

How much sleep do you need before you go for a run?

No comments:

Post a Comment