Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Accountability Day 8: Personal Coaching

Today was a better day. I got up feeling well rested. I was all set to run outdoors when it started raining. My favorite time to run in the summer is right before it rains; when you can smell it in the air and the wind is starting to kick up and it's overcast out. Well, I waited too long this morning. Raindrops were falling as I went outside. Water doesn't bother me but lightening does. Since I had no idea whether the skies were about to open up with a thunderstorm or if this was just a little spring shower, I took the safe route and drove myself to the fitness center.

7 miles on the indoor track. No problem.

This afternoon I had a call with Matt Ebersole. He is who I called up in 2015 after I missed a BQ at Napa by 3 seconds and wanted another shot at it at the Kentucky Derby Marathon 8 weeks later. He coached me and I got my BQ. I decided I was ready to have a little more structure to my training so he is going to coach me again. Sometimes it's just so much easier to have someone else tell you what to run everyday. There are days I feel like I already have enough decision fatigue in my life.

Cheers for giving up some control today.

No comments:

Post a Comment