Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Accountability Day 6 and 7: Bleck!!

So it's not been a great two days...

Day 5 started on 4 hours of sleep. Hubs and I are night owls by nature. I needed to go to bed early so I could be up at 4 am but he didn't... so he stayed up til midnight and so did I.

I tried to go to sleep earlier by laying down on the couch down in our living room but our bedroom (where he had the TV on) is a loft so I could still hear everything. I ended up spending the time reserving our rooms for our Grand Canyon trip in October. I needed to reserve three separate hotel rooms. I had exactly six choices of hotels right outside the South Rim. If I looked an hour away there were a bunch more choices but I wanted to be right by the park. All the hotels inside the park have been sold out for a year so I figure I'd better make my reservations now before these sold out. Anyhoos, hotel reservations got made and TV got shut off at midnight.

4 am came really fast. Work was not bad. I got out on time. The drive home was a horror show. I was so so sleepy. It was one of those drives where I had the air cranked up on high blowing in my face so I could keep the car on the road. I got home at 4 pm and dropped over. Woke up at 8 pm cause hubs needed me to help him drop a car off at the tire store. Tornado sirens then went off as we were driving back home. Welcome to Spring in Indiana! Luckily we didn't get any bad weather but there was a touch down on the north side of Indy. Needless to say I didn't get any running in.

I slept in this morning. It was sunny and in the 80's by the time I got up. Then I had all my day off errands to run. I was still exhausted so I ended up laying around the house all day. Finally, this evening, I managed to peel myself off the couch and go to the fitness center. I really had no desire to run but I also didn't want to go three days without running. I managed three miles on the indoor track. I felt fine but I just didn't want to run any longer so I came home.

Hoping for a better day tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Yow!! Well, hotel booked and motivation (R2R) coming into focus. Keep moving forward. :)

    ReplyDelete