Saturday, March 11, 2017

Training Log 3/5/17 - 3/11/17

This week was a struggle. That is all.

Sunday 3/5 - 3 miles in 25:53 a 600 meter swim and 8 mile stationary bike ride for the IU Swim Club Indoor Triathlon. Got up at 7 am to drive down to Bloomington for the race. Went to work after that and didn't get home til 1 am.

Monday 3/6 - Rest. Woke up feeling like I'd been run over by a truck. Gee, I wonder why?

Tuesday 3/7 - 3 miles. I bagged going to Run Club because I decided that I was in no shape to do anything close to speed work today. Went to the fitness center instead and tried to get my rhythm back with some easy miles on the hamster track but still felt too tired to go more than 3 miles.

Wednesday 3/8 - 6 miles. Thought about doing the Run Club speed workout on my own today but decided against it. It was a beautifully sunny day but cold. I decided I really needed some feel good miles and did a watchless run on the Monon.

Thursday 3/9 -Rest. Got up at 4:40 am to go to work, then got home just in time to go to J's Winter Sports Awards Banquet. This got done around 8 pm and I was simply too tired to do anything else after that.

Friday 3/10 - 2 miles. Another deceptively beautifully sunny day. I planned to do at least 6 miles on the Monon while G danced. However... I spent the entire day cleaning my house - like cleaning up everyone else's clutter like a mad woman, then vacuuming all my floors and stairs. I seriously needed a nap by the time the kids got home and could barely stay awake driving to Carmel. Once I got to the Y I seriously considered taking a nap in my car. Then I got out and realized it felt like it was 20 degrees. I had on running capris and a long sleeve shirt but no jacket. I was freezing and it was super windy. I changed plans and decided I'd run on the treadmill. I changed into the short sleeve cotton T-shirt that I had planned to wear after my run and shower and hit the treadmill. Tried to watch TV but I felt exhausted. Not out of breath but just plain tired. Stopped after 2 miles and called it a day.

Saturday - Zero miles. Up at 7:30 am so I could drop J off at the school then drive down to Seymour, IN for the high school basketball regional that started at 10 am. Great game but Center Grove lost so they will not be advancing to the game next weekend. This was a mixed blessing. Again, I was so sleepy I could hardly drive home but J was starving and wanted to eat ASAP as it was after noon. Got home, made lunch for the kids, went to the grocery store, then hubs got home from his 3-day business trip and we got caught up. Next thing I know it's 4 pm and I still haven't had a nap. Soooo sleepy! Of course I could only lay down for an hour because I had to make dinner after that cause I had to leave for work to work the night shift at 6:30 pm.

So there you have it.
14 miles this week.

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing! The running mojo will come back around.