Sunday, March 19, 2017

Training Log 3/12/17 - 3/18/17

Sunday 3/12 - Rest

Monday 3/13 - Zero miles. Worked overnight  and was too tired to do anything.

Tuesday 3/14 - Zero miles. Still too tired to get off the couch.

Wednesday 3/15 - 7 miles. I resolved to run today. I actually had a free evening and it was still cold out so I went to the hamster and ran 6 miles at a nice easy pace. Got done and felt good about hanging in there and doing all 6 miles. Then, I checked my phone. My friend Margo wanted to know if I was doing the Brew Mile. What Brew Mile? I was told it was happening in an hour in Broad Ripple to raise money for some pet foundation and she was going to jog/walk it so, could I come and hang out? Fine. I had a rare free evening. Why not? I sped up to the Broad Ripple Athletic Annex and got there right as they were starting, totally not dressed for the event. At least I had running shoes on. Otherwise I had the cotton sweatshirt I had over my T-shirt and track pants that I had over my shorts as I'd come straight from the fitness center. It was cold! As soon as we started running all my loose clothing started flapping around in the wind and I felt like I was running in a clown suit. Plus, so much for that jog/walk plan cause everyone was running. Ya, did my mile in just over 8 minutes.

Thursday 3/16 - 6 miles. Another cold sunny day. Actually would have been a nice day to run outdoors but I wanted to watch the NCAA Tournament basketball games so I ended up on the treadmill at the Y so I could watch basketball at the same time. The miles definitely go by quicker when you're watching basketball. Finished 6 miles in 55 minutes... then I walked on the treadmill for another 30 minutes so I could watch the end of the Northwestern - Vanderbilt game. I had Northwestern picked as the winner in my bracket. They blew a 15 point lead and Vanderbilt actually took the lead with just minutes left, then one of their players must have gotten confused on who had the lead and fouled Northwestern with 15 seconds left. Free throws went in and Northwestern ended up winning 68-66.

Friday 3/17 - Rest. Worked all day and was asleep by 10 pm.

Saturday 3/18 - 6 miles. Met up with Margo in the morning and ran around her neighborhood.

19 total miles this week.

1 comment: