Monday, March 6, 2017

Training Log 2/26/17 - 3/4/17 - Pink Power 5K

Not the best running week. Not sure where all my energy went!

Sunday 2/26 - Rest. Spent the day at work. Everyone was deathly ill but somehow I managed to get out ON TIME. This never happens to me. I still felt pretty good by the time I got home but it was a rest day for me. Problem was, come night time, I could not get to sleep...

Monday 2/27 - Zero miles. Spend the day at work again and this time I was absolutely trashed by the time I got home. One of those drives where I could barely stay awake. I had planned to hit the hamster track but instead hit my couch and woke up at 10 pm when the kids got home.

Tuesday 2/28 - 4 miles. Hamster tracked it. Missed run club cause I thought J was cheering at the Sectional basketball game tonight. Turns out it was Sectionals, but Center Grove doesn't play until Friday night. By the time I figured this out it was too late to drive north so I went to the fitness center. Run felt good and I could have run more but I wanted to get home in time to watch the IU-Purdue basketball game.

Wednesday 3/1 - Zero miles. I had planned to do the run club workout tonight but.... I was tired and it was cold and windy. Ended up curling up at the library while G was at dance instead of running.

Thursday 3/2 - 6 miles. Kind of a "have to" run at this point as I'm signed up for a 5K in two days. Hamster tracked it and it was a "meh" run.

Friday 3/3 - Zero miles. I worked overnight on Thursday night so I didn't get home until 7:30 am. Then, I didn't sleep well and only got 3-4 hours of sleep which left me exhausted. Made the kiddos dinner, then drove G to Carmel then drove to the Sectional basketball game. Game got over at 9 pm, then drove to pick G up from the friend that had picked her up from dance, then drove home. Didn't get home until close to 11 pm... and all I wanted to do was get more sleep!

Saturday - 4 miles. Well, by Saturday morning I had a feeling things might not go so well at my race since I still felt overly exhausted and I hadn't had any good runs all week. However... I thought I'd see how long I could maintain a 7:30 pace. I know, it was crazy. I figured this would be a kind of time trial for me so, why not?

My friend Margo from run club drove down and met me at my house at 7 am so we could drive down to Columbus together for the race. It was snowing in Carmel when she left her house...

No snow in Columbus, just cold. We did a 1 mile warm up and and whole face was running - teary and snotty. Then it was race time.

Mile 1 - 7:34. So pretty much the same time I ran for my 10K two weeks ago. After that, I was pretty much gassed.

Mile 2 - 8:19. Slower than my 2 mile split from two weeks ago. This could get ugly.

Mile 3 - 8:24. Pretty close to my 3 mile 10K split. Sigh.

Last 0.1 - 1:08

Official time - 25:25 (8:10 pace)

So basically I ran the 5K slower than my 5K split time in my 10K two weeks ago. Not the greatest time trial but not surprising considering how my week went.

Ended up 5th in the women's race and first in my age group (45-49). Margo finished just ahead of me in 4th and won her age group too.


Hoping for more energy next week!
14 miles this week.

1 comment:

  1. You ladies are a great pair. Haewon, keep doing what you can... and don't forget to take care of yourself. Spring is on it's way!

    ReplyDelete