Tuesday, March 21, 2017

March Donations

I went ahead and finished up my March donation spending last night with a final trip to Kroger and purchased some food items to round out the spending. I'll post my actual March Grocery Challenge spending tomorrow. Here's what the donation pile looked like this month...

Total spent: $19.76

4 cans Valley Fresh white meat chicken
9 boxes Psst macaroni and cheese
6 bottles of Pine Sol
3 bottles L'Oréal shampoo
3 bottles L'Oréal conditioner
3 bottles Garnier Fructis shampoo
1 bottle Garnier Fructis conditioner
4 tubes Colgate toothpaste
4 sticks Arrid deodorant
4 sticks Arm & Hammer deodorant
4 pouches Comforts baby food
4 10-ct packages of Bic disposable razors

Regular shelf price for all the items came to $118.52. I paid $19.76, which comes to a savings of a bit over 83%. $4.10 of the $19.76, so almost 21% of my spending, was for tax on the HBAs as the tax is calculated on the pre-coupon price of the item. I'm debating whether to concentrate on just food items next month. On the other hand, I did get quite a volume of free HBAs where I only paid the tax as all the deodorant, toothpaste, and razors were free. Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment