Friday, September 19, 2014

Day of All Trades

It was an all trades kind of day for me today...

1. Physical Therapy Appointment

I almost canceled. The therapist I had been going to in August isn't a runner so he handed me off to someone who is and scheduled me for a gait assessment. I showed up for it 2 weeks ago and found out they had sent me to the wrong office so they had to reschedule it and I haven't seen anyone in 2 weeks. And, in those two weeks, I decided to stop running. So... I almost canceled. However, I got so busy I forgot to cancel. I had to leave the house at 7:30 am for my appointment in Bloomington (grumble, grumble) and decided I was going to tell the therapist today that I was going to cancel my other future appointments.

The appointment went like one of those runs that you don't feel like doing, but in the end you're really glad you did. My new therapist had me run outside while she videotaped me. We then went inside and went over the tape, frame by frame. She taped me from the front, back, and both sides and was able to point out my weak areas... something my other therapist hadn't been able to do as well. She figured out that my hip flexors are tight so I use my lower back to extend my back leg. I also hold my arms out too far to the side so I have too much rotation with my upper body. I got three more exercises to do at home and, basically, got excited about running again.

Looks like I'll be keeping my appointment next week.

2. Shopping

I raced back up to Greenwood and hit the Meijer store. They have a mPerks coupon for today and tomorrow where you get $5 instantly off a $50 total purchase. I stacked this with some other deals and coupons to make the most of it. Bought...

8 cans of Maxwell House coffee
$2.99 each but you get $8 off instantly when you buy 8.

(2) 45-count boxes Hefty tall kitchen trash bags.
$6.99 each but you get $2 off instantly when you buy 2 plus I had (2) $1.25 off coupons.

Bought 22 items in their 10 for $10, get the 11th item free deal:
6 bags of Chex Mix
4 bags of Bugles
1 package of bologna
(2) 4-ct packs of Hawaiian rolls
1 loaf of wheat bread
1 can of white beans
2 rolls of cinnamon rolls
2 packages of mushrooms
1 bottle of orange juice
2 packages of Lunchmakers
Used (5) $0.50 off 2 coupons for the Chex Mix and Bugles and one $1 off 2 coupon for the cinnamon rolls

I thought I needed $2.10 more to get to $50 so I threw in a box of fruit roll-ups that my daughter had requested that were $2.19. I don't know what the register was counting towards the $50 threshold though because it subtracted my $5 while I was scanning my last few $1 items. In any case, I can't complain.

Total after instant savings and coupons was $39.98 for all this...


Mostly I wanted the coffee and trash bags. The snacks were a nice bonus as the kids constantly need bags of snacks to bring to school. The Chex Mix and Bugles normally run $2.19 a bag and I got it for $0.75 this week.

3. Work

I raced back down to Martinsville and worked today... for 3 hours.
One of my co-workers had a funeral to attend and there was no one to cover her 12 hour shift. In Emergency Medicine you can't just NOT have someone at work. You can't close the office. Someone HAS to be there. We ended up having 4 people split the shift to cover it as there was no one person that could cover all 12 hours due to everyone having other obligations but SOMEONE had to be there.

I worked from 1 pm to 4 pm. There were 3 patients in the whole department at 1 pm. It took all of 30 minutes for the whole department to fill up. That's what happens when I work. Crap magnet indeed. By 4 pm the whole place was still full plus there was a waiting room full of people. I handed everything off to the next doc at 4 and ran out the door. Sorry?!

4. Mom Taxi

I raced back home again so I could feed my older daughter and get her back to the school by 5 pm. She cheered at the home football game tonight. Game started at 7 pm. I had every intention of going but my husband is still out of town (I've been single parenting it all week) and my other daughter wasn't too sure she wanted to go to the game.

I laid down on the couch for a minute... and fell asleep. Like deep deep sleep...
Woke up at 7.
G - "Are we going to the game?"
Me - "Do you want to go?" (as I'm perfectly comfortable right now)
G - "How 'bout we go out to eat instead."
We went out to eat instead. Got home and watched the last half of the game online. I love that it's webcasted. Went and picked up my older daughter when it was over. She was ravenous again so we went and got more food.

5. Me Time?

Well, it's 11:20 pm now and I suppose #1 and #2 count as "me time." I'd like to crochet but I have to get up at 7 am tomorrow to go to work again. Maybe tomorrow...

P.S. I just found out that my younger daughter ate the entire box of fruit roll ups while I was asleep!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! I thought it was only at my house that kids (and husband) eat whole boxes of stuff while I am busy doing something else or asleep. And this is why I hide stuff ALL THE TIME. Insane! Hope you have a good day at work! :)

    ReplyDelete