Thursday, February 27, 2014

From Bad to Good...

I came home from work yesterday and thought the house felt cold. After awhile, I got so cold I put my coat back on... then, I wanted mittens. My hot-blooded husband then called down to me to check and see if I had left a door open because he was cold. Uh oh... doors were all shut. The thermostat said it was 64 degrees and dropping. The heat was suppose to be on but it wasn't. Our furnace was dead.

The furnace repair guy finally showed up at midnight. $265 later, we had heat. We also found out that a typical furnace is good for 16 -18 years. Ours is 26 years old...

It was a short night. The original plan for today was to be at the fitness center at 5 am when they opened so I could get 10 miles in, then drive G to school by 8 am for jump rope team practice, run through Meijer for grocery deals, then be at my chiropractor's office in Fishers by 10:30 am for a massage. That way I had the rest of the day free before having to take G to the dentist at 4:30 pm.

The morning did not go as planned...

First off, I couldn't get up when the alarm went off at 4:30. Then, I reasoned that I couldn't get 10 miles in and be home on time since G wanted me to wake her at 6:45 am and take her to school closer to 7:45 am. So... the run I wanted to get in before my massage got pushed back to after my massage.

I go into G's room at 6:45 am and she is sitting on the floor crying. She can't find her Orthotane... the clear plastic dental mouthpiece that costs a bazillion dollar. She is suppose to sleep with in in her mouth every night so she won't have to get braces but it won't stay in her mouth. It falls out, then gets lost in the covers, on the floor... Belle has eaten two of them... in the span of a week in January. We were the talk of the dentist's office that week. We now lock her door every night so the dog can't get in but the Orthotane is lost AGAIN! Arghh... what should I do? Should I cancel her dentist's appointment for the afternoon? I can't possibly call them AGAIN to tell them we lost another one! It's got to be here. It can't just vanish into thin air. But we can't find it.

So here's the plan... just go to the dentist's office today because she's just getting her teeth checked and don't tell them we lost it again...yet. Hopefully it will turn up.

G gets to school. I go to Meijer. I thought cans of Maxwell House coffee were on sale for 0.99 when you buy 8. We are coffee addicts at our house but we are not coffee snobs. Maxwell House is what we drink and 0.99 a can is my "buy" price. So... I read the ad wrong. The Crystal Light pictured next to the Maxwell House is 0.99; the Maxwell House is 1.99. I left empty handed.

Now onto the chiropractor's office. I got there a hair early and got to lay on the Aqua Jet table. Ahhh... my favorite... I totally fell asleep on it. Michelle, my massage therapist woke me up. Then I got a totally awesome massage... like the heavens opened up and angels sang. All the knots on my hammie and my shoulders got worked out.

Onto the fitness center. I floated through 10 miles. Maybe I should get a massage before all my runs. Got home in plenty of time to shower and pick up G. Plus, I got my nibblebox from graze.com. Yeah! Sometimes it's the little things that make your day. I chowed down two snacks.

We went to the dentist's office and didn't even talk about the Orthotane... and I passed level 139 of Candy Crush in the waiting room :)

Went on to teach my dance class tonight and class went really well.

Finally, changed all the sheets on G's bed tonight trying to find the Orthotane. No Orthotane. Sat down on the carpet at the foot of the bed... and found it!

Phew! Now I won't have to call the dentist tomorrow.



4 comments:

  1. Hysterical....I just posted something similar....although I COULDN'T explain why my day at work was so bad...you know legalities and such regarding the kids at school...so no names nor stories were revealed! Except the crazy story about my kid and her funny ways! Glad you found the mouth thingy...my girls lose their retainers and it is really embarrassing to call your uncle the ortho and tell him you need another one! :/ Glad your day got better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - the emotional roller coaster that is dental appliances! We had a panic over a retainer that was left at an Arby's 90 minutes away (didn't help that we called Burger King to ask if one had been found). CONGRATS on finding it!

    The Aquatable is awesome! I want to get one to lay on at home - think Bob would notice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so enamored with the Aqua Jet that I actually priced them... not sure where I'd put it though!

      Delete
  3. Level 139??!! I humbly bow. I started the Graze boxes for Lexi, she's on her 5th I think. Although she only eats a couple snacks out of each one. And you know me...they just look too weird for me to try. Lol. If you felt like you got a good massage, she must've really cranked down on your muscles. You're a beast when it comes to massages!

    ReplyDelete