Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Hot Yoga

I took the plunge and tried hot yoga. So far so good...

I tried my first class last week. The studio is literally a hole in the wall at a strip mall. It took me forever to find it. Class was at 7 pm. I got there and the place looked closed. I tried the door and it was open. Hmmm... we did yoga with the lights off.

So there were space heaters set up all around the studio to warm the room. Once the lights were off, the only light in the room was the orange glow of the space heaters and what little light came through the glass storefront (which was the size of the door) through the sheer curtain.

I don't know if this was a good thing or a bad thing. I had no idea what I was doing. I was peeking around at everyone else and the instructor to see what the poses looked like and it was really hard to see in the dim light. Then again, no one could see me making a fool out of myself either!

The next day, I was sore in a whole bunch of places that I didn't know could be sore! I went back today for my second class. This time I could see exactly what was going on since it was at 10:30 am and it was daylight out. Class is definitely a lot of core work and the room gets really hot. I felt like I got a good workout in and was dying towards the end - like praying the hour would be over soon.

My legs are starting to feel better. I might venture a short run in the morning.

Have you tried yoga?

1 comment:

  1. Love yoga. Sounds like something I would enjoy, seeing that I have a true dislike of anything cold! :)

    ReplyDelete