Sunday, November 3, 2013

Falling Back

Hope everyone in Indiana is enjoying their extra hour today (due to the time change)!

I slept in, got Dunkin' Donuts for donuts and bacon for breakfast, then walked a mile to get my legs loosened up.

I got up this morning and couldn't figure out why my left arm was so sore. Then I realized I had had my arm clenched with my fingers digging into my palm for several miles yesterday when my left leg was killing me. My hamstrings are still pretty tight and my knees feel a little creaky but, otherwise, I'm no worse for wear.

I couldn't eat yesterday. I had a peanut butter sandwich and banana at 6 am, then a gel pack at mile 7 and 14. I had planned to eat one every hour. I never had my third one because I wasn't exerting myself anymore once I started walking. After the race I just had no appetite. It was the usual kids' Saturday after that... pick up G from Nutcracker practice, then get groceries for J's Halloween Party. My older daughter had friends over til 10 pm. I finally got around eating a stuffed pepper and went to bed.

I got up this morning and decided I could eat anything I wanted. Donuts, bacon, and coffee it was. Now it's catching up on emails and relaxing until I go to work. I haven't been to work since Thursday. This weekend was Halloween, IU's homecoming, plus daylight savings ended last night so the hospital computers were down for several hours last night for time change. I am expecting to walk in to the aftermath of anarchy.

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment