Thursday, November 7, 2013

Back in the Game

I feel like I'm back today. The sun is shining and I have a plan...

I spent the last couple days in a funk about what could have been on Saturday. Then I just laid around and ate bad food for a couple days, the whole time panicking about all the fitness I was losing by sitting around and eating bad food. Let me tell you, I couldn't eat on Saturday but I have eaten everything that wasn't nailed down the last couple days!

So here is my dilemma... I want my legs to heal. I'm tired of pain being the norm. In order for them to heal, I have to rest them but I feel like I'm losing all the work I've done the last couple months by resting. I finally came up with a plan - try to keep my cardio but don't do anything that causes pain; also work on some core strength because I think I'm really lacking that right now.

I am looking into some local strength programs. I'll update when I commit to one. I went to the fitness center and rode the bike hard for 30 minutes today. It was actually on an easy spin speed but I worked up a good sweat. Covered 8.95 miles, average speed 17.9 mph, average rpm 94. Back in the spring I think the bike helped me improve my leg speed/turnover and it's a non-weightbearing activity that doesn't hurt my hamstring.

I also got a good grocery shopping trip in today. I haven't had a good "deal" trip in awhile but there have been some really great coupons lately so I finally put something together. I am really trying to eat better but I needed to stock up on some convenience foods so that I'll quit going through the drive-thru on my busy days.

So here's my take today at Meijer...

$36.67 after coupons
 
I took advantage of their 10/$10 get the 11th item free sale plus I picked up ingredients to make this Chicken and Mushroom Stew (check out the link for the recipe - thanks Isabelle!)
 
Ended up with...
3 Palermo Flatbread pizzas (2.33 each after coupons)
8 El Monterey breakfast burritos (0.50 each after coupons)
- these have 9 grams of protein each and I am trying to eat more protein for breakfast
6 Green Giant frozen veggie boxes (0.80 each after coupons)
4 Hormel pepperoni packages (0.50 each after coupons)
3 packages of mushrooms (1.00 each but got 2 for free as my 11th item)
10 candy bars (0.25 each after coupon)
- I need candy like I need another hole in my head but I couldn't pass up the deal
- I'm hiding these for "later" when I'm sure I'll have some kind of candy bar emergency
bread (1.00)
celery (2.00)
3.5 lbs of boneless skinless chicken thighs (10.66)
bag of egg noodles (1.50)
 
All of the coupons I used are available to print at www.coupons.com.
 
Now I'm making my meal plans for this month. My work schedule has me hardly working early in the month but then it gets really busy at the end of the month so I'm trying to plan better.

No comments:

Post a Comment