Thursday, June 20, 2013

Week 1

Week 1 of my new training cycle is almost done. I did my 10 miler this morning. I got up at  6 am to try to be one of those people - the early morning go-getters. It was painful but I'd have to say early morning runs are very pleasant and you do have a nice feeling of accomplishment for the rest of the day rather than the feeling of "I have to get this run in before the day is over" hanging over your head. I got my run in early because I have to go to work later today.

This is what my husband left for me when I got back...


That and a fresh pot of coffee.

It's 10 am now and the house is still silent. My older daughter had 3 friends spend the night. My younger daughter had a friend spend the night. All 6 kids are still crashed out sleeping. Oh to be on summer vacation!

I got the kids all kinds of snacks for the sleep over, including 2 half-gallon containers of ice cream. When I got back from running, I was very tempted to have pistachio almond ice cream for breakfast. It's got protein (dairy) and carbs (sugar) right? I restrained myself lest the kids find me with a big bowl of ice cream at 9 am and had a 2 egg omelet, milk, and coffee instead.

Here was my running week in review:
Sunday - 3 miles
Monday - 30 minutes bike and weights (I'm still sore from that)
Tuesday - 5 miles
Wednesday - 5 miles, plus saw the chiropractor who did some more myofascial release on my left
                      hamstring (it's purple today)
Thursday (today) - 10 miles
Friday - rest
Saturday - planning to do that 5K that was suppose to happen on 6/1

After Saturday, total mileage will be 26.

Well, I hear signs of life downstairs... have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. great week! I hope you have fun with the 5K tomorrow! We are doing an Amazing Race with Church...should be interesting! :)

    ReplyDelete