Monday, June 10, 2013

Somebody Throw Me Some Brakes!

I feel like my life is just running away right now. It could be that I've worked 44 hours in the last 4 days and I have one more 12 hour shift tomorrow before I have a day off. All I've done the last 4 days is go to work, come home, scrounge for some food, sleep, then go to work again. It doesn't help that I have to get up at either 4:30 am or 5:30 am every day. Since you all know by now that I don't do mornings, my body is just revolting and I'm totally trashed by the time I get home. Needless to say, I haven't been running either.

My body's not been running but my mind keeps going a mile a minute. I've got running schedules bouncing around my brain. I didn't get drawn for the NYC Marathon but I'm still thinking about doing another marathon that weekend - maybe the Monumental Marathon here in Indy. If I want to do that, all the 20 week training programs start next week.

State Fair entries are due June 30th. I'm still trying to finalize my plans. Then, I got an e-mail today asking if I would do a TV interview on Indy Style on June 24th to promote the State Fair. Since I'm already online, I check my work schedule. I work the 23rd until midnight, off the 24th, then back to work the 25th so I flip back to my e-mail and reply "yes" before my brain really turns on and says, "what are you thinking!" Every time I do a TV spot, I just feel completely mortified afterwards like did I just make a total fool of myself? I swear I'm never doing this again! Then, I do it again. What is wrong with me?!

Somebody stop me from making any more commitments!

No comments:

Post a Comment